• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

is our Military bankrupt?

Stop Bill C-10

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
The Base in Bordon is fun to walk around at night ...completely
off topic I know :p

*lol*

your cute

on the north east side of the base that patch of forest beside the highway my parents used to take me n' my sister mushroom picking

every know and then if i'm in the area, i'll let the wheels sit in the MickeyD lot and walk around the tank park n' what not

the static display of aircraft is pretty neat too

loress what were you doing there late @ night? hehe

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Went for a drive in the middle of the night with the guy I was seeing at the time... he wanted to show me where he grew up. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of walking around a military base in the middle of the night, so much fun :)

~Lori

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD

Our small arms are all top of the line compared to other NATO countries.

I agree. The C7 if anything is a crapload lighter than the FNFAL and a lot more highly engineered. I'm not the biggest fan of the C9 but the C6 is still old reliable.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
^^^^
C6 is probably one of best support weapons out there. The accuracy in the sustained fire role is pretty scary.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Lets put it all into perspective..

Let's compare Canada, who'se army is used domestically for variosu duties and internationally on UN mandated peacekeeping operations. To the US whcih is the first GLOBAL empire and has a military base stationed on every corner of the earth, in almost 500 other countries.

Canada:
Military manpower - availability: males age 15-49: 8,391,120 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service: males age 15-49: 7,158,016 (2003 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $7.861 billion (FY01/02)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP: 1.1% (FY01/02)

United States:
Military manpower - availability: males age 15-49: 73,597,731 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service: NA (National Security eh?!)
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $276.7 billion (FY99 est.)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP: 3.2% (FY99 est.)

So on average, Canada relatively spends about a third of what the US does on it's military, and Canada is not maintaining a globally present force. I'd say that's about right.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders