• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is Jungle DNB losing it's urban edge?

Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
P.S. "Urban edge" just means "not the same anymore" Now that Jungle/ Drum and bass has reached the world over it's not your group of frineds little secret.......it's the worlds!!!!

For a second I thought aht said Doom and Bass.
LOL

That does sort of describe some of the sounds from the past few years though dosn't it?
:D :D :D

For future reference, I offically lay claim to the term "Doom and Bass!!"

Personally, I prefer less Doom, more Bass.

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
I'm sorry...but this shit is bigger than it's ever been and DOOM AND BASS is just one small part that is equal to the sum...I will always love DnB for being as diverse as it has been and I love all different kinds from good looking to valve to subtitles to what klute and john B are doing...it's all good stuff:)

Originally posted by terrawrist III
I'm sorry...but this shit is bigger than it's ever been and DOOM AND BASS is just one small part that is equal to the sum...I will always love DnB for being as diverse as it has been and I love all different kinds from good looking to valve to subtitles to what klute and john B are doing...it's all good stuff:)

I'm glad to hear people still passionate about D N B

I remember standing in line for Liquid Adrenaline and Syrous parties, hearing the thundering bass in line and getting chills up my spine.

So many people were into Jungle then in Toronto.

There were people who'd say they couldn't get into it, but to so many of us it was the freshest shit around cause we'd never heard anything like it.

I look forward to the future of Drum N Bass.

Originally posted by SENSEi
I'm glad to hear people still passionate about D N B

I remember standing in line for Liquid Adrenaline and Syrous parties, hearing the thundering bass in line and getting chills up my spine.

So many people were into Jungle then in Toronto.

There were people who'd say they couldn't get into it, but to so many of us it was the freshest shit around cause we'd never heard anything like it.

I look forward to the future of Drum N Bass.

it's here...but WE all need to be passionate about it again for it move a little faster...

www.dnbnation.com
www.breakbeat.co.uk
www.tojungle.com

jungle never was my first love in the realm of electronic music (nor do i expect it will be my last).

still, i've always respected it for being one of the most urgent sounds out there.

I think out of all of the "rave" sounds it has survived the best.

Look at some of the events going down lately.

Theory is running things proper, bringing over boatloads of talent for cheap ticket prices.

Personally I think 1999 was the worst year for DnB, since then it has reinvented itself, and is somewhat fresh again.

Funny how I am now liking liquid funk more and more, five years ago I wanted nothing but amens.

DnB has the potential to change with the times, I don't think the same can be said for a lot of the other genres in dance culture.

I think house has definitly changed with the times. it was basically the original form of electronic music and its still going strong and evolving.
Dnb I find moves in 5 year cycles of popularity and style shifts/ advances

Originally posted by Spinsah
jungle never was my first love in the realm of electronic music (nor do i expect it will be my last).

still, i've always respected it for being one of the most urgent sounds out there.

It's completely it's own thing...that's what I love,no other musical surgence has come close to drum and bass because it totally stands on it's own two feet

Originally posted by ninja
I think house has definitly changed with the times. it was basically the original form of electronic music and its still going strong and evolving.
Dnb I find moves in 5 year cycles of popularity and style shifts/ advances

True

House is still holding it's own.

Sometimes I forget about how much I love that funky, post disco sound until I am at a club hearing it in surroud sound.

:)

Originally posted by green_souljah
True

House is still holding it's own.

Sometimes I forget about how much I love that funky, post disco sound until I am at a club hearing it in surroud sound.

:)

OK,OK take it outside people...no room for house in here :D ...actually DOWN WITH GENRE CLASSIFICATION!...that's what's actually missing from most drum and bass sets, the ability to cross genres without losing your crowd