1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Is jazz considered a no-no on here?

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by erika, Apr 13, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Because the line-up for the next jazzfest has just been released and I like it!
    Going from Herbie Hancock to the Roots via Taj Mahal on the mainstage; they seem to have expanded the venues too.

Toronto Jazz
  2. Tech_Head_Rob

Tech_Head_Rob TRIBE Member

Someone gave notice of a kid's concert awhile back, so I think jazz is okay.

In any case, I am glad you started this thread. I too would be interested in seeing Herbie Hancock and the Roots, but not for $55 and $45 respectively.
  3. outlaw

outlaw TRIBE Member

Herbie Hancock is one of a few living legends and just turned 70!! I think $55 is not a bad deal AT ALL!!
  4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

everybody loves a crowd!
  5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Agreed; that is more than fair to see him, compared to what I've just dropped to see John Malkovich at Luminato :).
  6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Tics for HH acquired :)
    I'm sorely tempted by the Taj Mahal show and a couple at Koerner Hall; haven't been in that space yet but have heard great things about it.
  7. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Better not be. Thanks for this :)
    A few concerts lined up this spring, but I may have to make room for this.

Koerner Hall has great sound. I was very impressed.
  8. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

we've talked about jazzfest here before, it should be ok :)

i just saw brad meldau last weekend. really fantastic show.

i am interested in seeing Stanley Clarke (of the Return to Forever fame) with Hiromi. not many of the other names jumped out at me, but i think i will make an effort to see some groups that i'm not as familiar with by reading the descriptions a little closer this year.
  9. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

Taj Mahal

he's the man