• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is it wrong

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I just wrote what amounts to a virus, it checks your outgoing http posts and gets and sends a copy where ever I want. Thus I can easily write a password sniffer for something like tribe.

By nature of the design it can be installed with a simple javascript and in a manor that the user doesn't know it happened.

Is it just funny to do this, or is it actually wrong. I want to test the thing out and see if it spreads the way I think it will but inheritly I feel like I'm playing with ebola here.

defazman

TRIBE Member
go ahead, and then change it to collect credit card numbers.

edit: crap, by posting here I just got infected, didnt I.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
what the fuck are on about ???????:confused:
do you have an STD ?

Honey you don't get where I am in life without taking a hit along the way. Besides its nothing you didn't have already.

No while doing research into how I got stuck with a parasite help application in IE I figured out exactly how to do what they were doing. Now if its over a proper secured connection I don't know if it works correctly but for the most part I can trap anything somebody types into a website or that is automatically sent due to cookies. The tricky part is in getting it out but I found a way to get that to happen through another minor exploit.

So in essence I'm sitting on a great little tool for criminals, or for people who want to snoop through other peoples emails and PM's. Its somewhat traceable right now but that is easily fixed through another old trick. But in the end I wonder (even if I make it so that it is harmless) if I'm opening Pandora's box here.

Although there are some PM boxes I would love to have control of for a couple of hours….

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
use it on another site ditto: like the jackson fansite or something, just not here

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
use it on another site ditto: like the jackson fansite or something, just not here

fair enough I promice not to in anyway involve your website.

unless the pictures I find are naked in which case all bets are off.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
fair enough I promice not to in anyway involve your website.

unless the pictures I find are naked in which case all bets are off.

Javascripting is poo. And dangerous poo at that. I generally watch all of it that comes in...can you piggyback something back out by opening a tcp connection on a web server you control?

...I don't think that sort of thing would be difficult, and I'd rather people like yourself discover the exploits, because there are others who have more malicious intent. ;)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
as an aside I haven't allowed it to go into circulation yet, it lives inside my test environment. I was just trying to figure out how hard it would be.

Now I have to decide if its just puppy killing wrong to use the thing.

mingster

TRIBE Member
i think people who write computer viruses and use them to invade other people's privacy and make their lives hell are fucking losers.

no time for that shit.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ TRO
alt.tribe.geek.dittio.much.pword.sniff.alexd.ban:p

For some reason he has never banned me in past...

Originally posted by Stan
OMG YUO COULD USE IT TO SNIFF OUT PRON PASSWRDS

PROFIT!!!

nah its easier to just use xxxhq.com and grab them pre hacked...

Originally posted by mingster
i think people who write computer viruses and use them to invade other people's privacy and make their lives hell are fucking losers.

no time for that shit.

Yeah I can't argue with that, and I guess I did ask. I'm leaning towards just hitting delete on the code and pretending I never wrote it. On the bonus I think I just figured out how to protect against the very bug I created.