• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Is it possible to 'see' a Macintosh disc on a PC?

AshG

I've got this macintosh disc of which i would like to know the general contents, by checking it on a pc.

I don't need to actually access the files or anything - just to know what's there, or even - failing that - how much of the disc's space is occupied by said files.

Is this possible?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
if it's a cd it should be read by a pc unless it was burned as a mac os only disc, but nobody ever does that....

AshG

TaCk OnE? said:
if it's a cd it should be read by a pc unless it was burned as a mac os only disc, but nobody ever does that....
Its not a cd unforunately - its an old school floppy disc one of my students claims she's completed her project on, apparently unaware that it would be useless on a pc.

we shall see.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
floppy!?

macs haven't had floppy drives in like, ten years....apple switched to zip discs years ago, before cd burners were commonplace....if it's a floppy disc, it's been ripped on an ancient system and yah, probaly can't be read by pc's....

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain