• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is he into me?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Situation: hot guy in social services. Been chatting with him by email for 2 years now because I wanted to keep in contact with him. So I send him program info and such.

He visited one time for a few minutes. He rode his bike all the way across town to see me. I noticed his tattoo on his leg.

So I emailed him about the significance. He gave me three guesses. Conversation never continued.

NOW: I emailed him a new program flyer as I am now doing a new job. And I write "btw, you never explained the significance of your tattoo."

He writes back, "I think tattoo talk needs to happen off hours Mr. Fong. I'm out of town next week but I reckon we ought to make a plan upon my return."

My thoughts are that he is kinda far from me.. So meeting after work would take effort on his part and also we don't really hang out in the non-profit sector.. No one asks each other out to go somewhere to have a chat after work UNLESS there was some personal reason. We are all too professional and lazy to make the moves.

So...... is he into me? Is this a date? Or am I reading into it too much?
Whaddya think?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
he wants to see u outside of work, i dont know if hes interested but go with teh flow, see hom for a drink see what happens

why not

TRIBE Member
what did the tatoo look like?
maybe the story behind it is something that he just doesn't feel comfortable talking about at work, but since you keep bugging him about it, he's resigned himself to the fact that he's going to have to tell you, but still doesn't want to do it over his work email or within earshot of other workers.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Did he really say reckon?

Ask him to come over.

Dood, the guy is one of the hottest guys.. He looks scrawny at first but he's got this "I did some bad in my past and now I am a youth worker" kind of vibe going.

And you'll love his name: WOLFGANG.
He reminds me of the lead in Memento.
He's probably married or something.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
it does seem weird to offer a tattoo signifigance explanation in a more formal conversation...maybe it's INCREDIBLY personal(death of somebody close, religion etc)

and you're thinking of guy pierce

why not

TRIBE Member
i have a bad feeling the story about the tatoo is going to be fucked.

"I think tattoo talk needs to happen off hours Mr. Fong. I'm out of town next week but I reckon we ought to make a plan upon my return."

that's just a weird thing to write.
"recon"?
"ought"?
"tattoo talk"?
he sounds like a very proper, but elderly farmer.

...with a dark secret.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
he said rekon... and u know how latley everybody has been all about that gay cowboy stuff

your IN

l8s sunny...its 5 o'clock i'm going home

kmac

TRIBE Member
You're lucky, Sunny. It sounds like Brokeback Mountain is some kind of gateway film. Next thing you know, you'll be watching BelAmi together.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
MoFo said:
He visited one time for a few minutes. He rode his bike all the way across town to see me. I noticed his tattoo on his leg.

I didn't think that guys who had to ride a bike to see a girl across town were hot.

I always thought the dude with the car gets the girl. ;)

zee

TRIBE Member
no it's totally hot
cars are boring

why is the guy addressing you as Mr. Fong? his email seems way too impersonal

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
I didn't think that guys who had to ride a bike to see a girl across town were hot.

I always thought the dude with the car gets the girl. ;)
You haven't seen his calves. :)

He just emailed me back!!!!! Hahahahaha.. It's even more ambiguous.. I think.. Unless I'm just stupid..

I emailed him back with: "Sure, sounds good. Talk to you when you get back.
PS: did you just inconspicuously ask me out on a date? Haha."

Well you certainly use language that ups the stakes. The last time I asked someone on a date I had to inform them half way through that it was in fact a date. So... let's call it a date- unless of course that's not your game in which case let's call it drinks."

AM I JUST NOT GETTING IT? Haha.