• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Is anyone else retardedly unphotogenic?

diablo

TRIBE Member
I'm by no means a bad looking guy, but getting a good photo of myself is next to impossible.

Almost every pic of me that gets taken features either:
- moonface effect or double-chin effect (from bad angle)
- one eye more open than the other (from bad light)
- horrible skin tone (from excessive flash or bad light)
- tramp-face 5AM facial stubble (from bad...timing?)
- all of the above

My grandchildren will think I was an ugly bastard in my youth.

Someone tell me I'm not the only one!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

dr. claw

I am.

It's gotten to the point that I deliberately make my face ugly/ruin ppls pics when they take pictures of me, in my attempts to dissuade them from taking more.

deep

TRIBE Member
*nods*

I suppose such a sentiment could be interpreted as a thinly veiled ploy for attention / an indication of insecurity / poor self esteem / a discrepency between what people think they look like and what they actually look like to others / people tending to have cameras when they are getting stupendously drunk

but generally I do not dig seeing pictures of myself

ian

TRIBE Member
I've always said their either I'm no where near as good looking as I think I am from looking in the mirror, or else I'm cursed in photos. There are about three good photos of me in the universe. My problem is this stupid expression I get on my face (like that Friends episode).

JESuX

TRIBE Member
deep said:
*nods*

I suppose such a sentiment could be interpreted as a thinly veiled ploy for attention / an indication of insecurity / poor self esteem / a discrepency between what people think they look like and what they actually look like to others / people tending to have cameras when they are getting stupendously drunk

but generally I do not dig seeing pictures of myself
this, i find funny.

EVERY pic i have either taken of you, or seen, has been marvelous.

but jumping on the wagon - about 1 in every 10 shots of me turns out great - you have to catch *just* the right angle otherwise it's ALL wrong. eep.

i have about a BILLION of those 9/10 photos in my personal stock and will post a couple just to prove it. i'm all doube chin, teeth, furrow-brow and nose most of the time.

:|

JESuX

TRIBE Member
yeah but at least you make faces on purpose!!!

:p

edit: i also think it might have something to do with you having no shame. ;)

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
the key is finding your side. seriously it sounds stupid,.... but i really am unphotogenic. like horribly. for my work i have to often do photoshoots and they have to be really good at knowing how to work shadows and angles and all that jazz. i had one shoot where every single picture has been god awful. now i know when im taking a picture where to look and how to tilt my face so i dont look retarded.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
People who call themselves unphotogenic but aren't are LAME.

Littlenutty, post a bad pic of you and you'll be forgiven.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
People who call themselves unphotogenic but aren't are LAME.

Littlenutty, post a bad pic of you and you'll be forgiven.
agreed
she is mad hot and i bet she would look mad hot in a garbage bag
on the other hand, there are numerous pics of me, hell , all of them are bad
i think i have seen a few good pics, but they never seem to get posted..*pout*(they also maybe pics i have made up in my own head)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i am totally unphotogenic. i look like a beast in every photo that's been taken of me. ever. maybe i just think i'm better looking than i actually am. in any case, no one should be allowed to take photos of me.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
mandapanda said:
i am totally unphotogenic. i look like a beast in every photo that's been taken of me. ever. maybe i just think i'm better looking than i actually am. in any case, no one should be allowed to take photos of me.
have you ever posted a pic?
im pretty sure there are numerous pics of everyone else but you....pics are needed to confirm your statement

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
have you ever posted a pic?
im pretty sure there are numerous pics of everyone else but you....pics are needed to confirm your statement
no, they have all been burned. and if anyone posts one, i will kick their ass!!!

Dialog

TRIBE Member
*waves*

I am invariably the guy whose mouth is open saying something, in the most unattractive way imaginable, the moment the picture is taken

Tho a photographer friend explained the 'relax your jaw and stick it out a bit' rule when being photographed, and that has helped a lot. If you are unphotogenic, try it. Nothing crazy, just drop your jaw a little and stick it out maybe 0.5cm. Makes a ton of difference.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Dialog said:
*waves*

I am invariably the guy whose mouth is open saying something, in the most unattractive way imaginable, the moment the picture is taken

Tho a photographer friend explained the 'relax your jaw and stick it out a bit' rule when being photographed, and that has helped a lot. If you are unphotogenic, try it. Nothing crazy, just drop your jaw a little and stick it out maybe 0.5cm. Makes a ton of difference.
cock suckers cramp?