• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Is anybody using Windows 8? No?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering. I guess if they preload it on enough new machines in stores, eventually people will have to use it.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I didn't like it at first, but I am use to it now. I still think it is best suited for touch screens though. So far it has been pretty stable.

Jay

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
For personal use at home, I have it on everything.

It's a snappy OS. The UI doesn't bug me at all, even though nothing I have is touch.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Installed it the other day after rdesktopping into a Windows 2012 box at work and screaming bloody murder because i couldn't find the start button to open a command prompt. Figured i should install it at home to avoid future embarrassment, googled around to see if Ableton would still work, and pretty much all the reviews said it performed better for audio and graphics than 7 did. No-brainer. Upgraded the same day and now everything runs faster and more stable. Don't miss the start button since ctrl-esc actually works when you're not rdesktopped.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

lobo

TRIBE Member
I've had it installed for a while now and I've gotten used to it. I'm never in the Metro UI so that interface doesn't bug me so much. Desktop mode all the way. Plus the little refinements make this a no brainer.

Lobo

ian

TRIBE Member
My Mom has been using it unassisted for a week now and I have not had any calls for assistance... so that is good I am guessing!