• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iriver H1XX users....

slingshot

TRIBE Member
has anyone tried the firmware Rockbox on their H series? Looks like it is still in the works , but the beta is out and looks to have some cool features:

On-the-fly playlists
Customizable while-playing-screen
True gapless playback
Unlimited recording time [within limits of the FAT file system]
A number of new codecs. These are the ones it currently available (though not all optimized):
MPEG Audio (mp3, mp2 etc.)
Ogg Vorbis
Musepack
A/52 (AC3)
WAV
FLAC
Apple Lossless (ALAC)
Wavpack

Codecs that will probably be available:
AAC
MIDI
MOD

This firware looks to make the H series the most powerful and diverse DAP oon the market. Woohoo - I am glad I got mine before they all ran out.

ss

p.s. Check here for more info:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverPortForNoobs

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

octo

TRIBE Member
ya. i check the progress every once in a while
i'm going to wait a bit. i pretty much only listen to mix sets on my iriver so the gapless playback isn't a big issue for me.

Doran

TRIBE Member
been enjoying the rockbox firmware since it went public. i use it for just about everything now, except when recording. still don't find it as stable as i'd like yet - had a few crashes trying to record some stuff.

the whole WPS customization thing is really cool, and is only a minor feature in the grand scheme of things. everytime i boot the default firmware, i can't believe how large the text looks after getting used to picking my own font in rockbox.

really glad i picked one of these and rockbox just puts the icing on the cake really.

db

TRIBE Member
Thanks for pointing this out -- real gapless playback will make me *very* happy...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders