• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iridology

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
mum booked me for an appoitment yesterday.. i went, it was neat (i got to keep the scans of my eye balls) :cool:

just wondering who else has been and what are your thoughts.. im not completely sold, but im def. intrigued..
any good book recommendations? (ive only read some on-line articles so far..)

<---clear blue eyes that read 'healthy'.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
my step mother does iridology, and a whole whack of other stuff, she runs a holistic healing buisness out of my parents home , its cool as shit man.

[jai]

Soulster

TRIBE Member
please explain what this is. i have not heard of this. (i am always skeptical that isn't done by doctors, but also always intrigued.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
the iridologist scans your eyes to read an anaylsis of your health

iridologychart.gif

http://www.medicomm.net/Consumer Site/am/iridology.htm

Soulster

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
google it! :p

funny, im always skeptical of doctors.. :)

yep, i know a few big fans of naturopathy who are very skeptical of doctors from experience.

my bias towards naturopathy is completely unfounded in any real experience. :p

i did get one of those reflexology massages once for free at a hostel... i was a little, uh, "stopped up" (travel does that sometimes) and the girl was like "so are you having a little um, trouble with your digestion/lower intestines?" and i was like "um.. blush blush... so how'd you get into reflexology?" and then an hour after she had finished the massage i was in the bathroom doing just dandy. i don't know if it was psycho-sematic or not. i am leaning towards not.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
haha yah both reflexology and massage can def help out in that department.. trained therapists can actually feel whats going on inside (temp of skin, swelling etc) so im not surprised with her response :)
think im just skeptical of everything.. :p M.D's tend to know a little about a lot, in other words useless, imo

Persephone

TRIBE Member
I have a large hazel fleck where the vagina marking is in my left eye. What does it mean?

I must know! My vagina wants to know!

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Soulster said:
yep, i know a few big fans of naturopathy who are very skeptical of doctors from experience.

my bias towards naturopathy is completely unfounded in any real experience. :p

i did get one of those reflexology massages once for free at a hostel... i was a little, uh, "stopped up" (travel does that sometimes) and the girl was like "so are you having a little um, trouble with your digestion/lower intestines?" and i was like "um.. blush blush... so how'd you get into reflexology?" and then an hour after she had finished the massage i was in the bathroom doing just dandy. i don't know if it was psycho-sematic or not. i am leaning towards not.

lol.... Not sure I want to speculate on how she really knew.

Though I allready have..

OTIS

TRIBE Member
So lemme get this straight, the logic behind "iridology" is that there are sections of one's eyes devoted to displaying the health of one's body? A couple of obvious (rhetorical) questions..

1. Other than guessery and anecdotal/coincidental evidence, is there any peer reviewed Science to back this up, like what evidence is there that one particular section of the eye directly corresponds to one particular part of the body? What about blind people, those with glaucoma, and other eye disorders/diseases.. do those affect the diagnosis?

2. If the eyes have a secondary physiological purpose, that is if in addition to vision they are intrinsically meant to display the status of one's health, then what is the purpose of the body encoding such information in a way that such can only be deciphered by advanced (pseudo)medicinal practices?

3. If this is true, than surely the practitioners of "iridology" can be replaced by retinal scanners which essentially can do the same job, and probably more efficiently. I'm sure the prospect of being replaced by a 50cent shopping mall novelty machine is one the "iridologists" would be uncomfortable with.

4. Is this "medicine" practiced by anyone who isn't a mid-life crisis flake named Palomino (or Glychy’s mom)?

No offense Lori, but this shit is bogus. Same as homeopathy, snake oil, alchemy and Miss Cleo.