• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

IPTV

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Sadly, it's probably best you don't get a full year subscription the way things are going or you may lose a chunk of cash.

I currently have 3 subscriptions to see which I like best (beast, darkmedia and lightstreams) and none of them have a working feed for Sportsnet one the Raps game right now.
Just get a 3 month sub. I don’t understand why people are complaining about $15 vs. $20 a month, when regular cable is over $100, goes out regularly and doesn’t offer a 1/4 of the service. ...or ANY of the support.

Pure fucking jokes, really. Get em all. Try em all. Beast is the best, though. They’re on top of everything and transparent about what’s happening.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Either of those other 2 providers have an APK?
They both do, but the Darkmedia one is horrible, so i'm using iptv smarters to access it. Darkmedia seems to be the most stable of the 3 services with minimal down time for server maintenance and whatnot. Lightstreams works great and is only 10 bucks for one connection, but doesn't have any UK channels so it's out. For the most part all three of them seem to use the same source for their channels, so if a channel is down on one, it's often down on all 3.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
They both do, but the Darkmedia one is horrible, so i'm using iptv smarters to access it. Darkmedia seems to be the most stable of the 3 services with minimal down time for server maintenance and whatnot. Lightstreams works great and is only 10 bucks for one connection, but doesn't have any UK channels so it's out. For the most part all three of them seem to use the same source for their channels, so if a channel is down on one, it's often down on all 3.
I've had probably an uptime of 95-99% with Beast's APK since they recovered in the summer (webplayer was out forever tho, but's been more than fine since coming back).

I'll likely do the stream the tv offer, their Telegram support looks good

Thanks for the feedback (both of you)

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
I've experienced 0 downtime with Darkmedia and have renewed for another 3 months. I will more than likely re up my Beast service too, just as a back up with a month to month contract. I'll check out the stream the tv option for that. Thanks.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Did 12 Mo's through STTV, and now I'm good to Dec 2020
Can’t find STTV. I’d love to check it. I’m pretty damn happy with Beast, based on the transparency, Telegram support channel and up time. If shit goes down, they tell you and they’re all over it.

Patience is key, with IPTV. ...but my patience with Rogers and Bell ran out years ago.

Here’s a bit on a few that are recommended (by whom I know not). Haven’t checked them out yet. I use a couple of Firesticks at the moment. Suits my needs, as someone who travels. I can pack it up and get the same service - pretty well - anywhere in the world. ...until Bezos’ Bozos block the fucking thing for said purpose.

Might upgrade my main tv hardware to a Formuler z8 but it looks like the shine is wearing off that option as well, based on IP blocks and fucktardery.

You must be open to hardware changes, sub changes and a bit of down time, if you wanna cut the cord. It’s not a hassle at all. Just takes a little effort and patience.

BeastTV has never left me hanging without information and a quick resolution. ;)

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I was a Vader client with Beast as a combo add-on back up from the beginning.

Very pleasantly pleased with Beast's recovery in the summer crash. The kids are alright, generally speaking, APK and Web player wise.

I'm running Beast on my Android tv, the Nvidia Shield, and a 4k fire stick without real issue. Fingers crossed, let it ride. Peace.