• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ipod Question - more than one/computer?

Preroller

TRIBE Member
So, I recently got a 30 gig ipod video, it's been working great. However, I have been made an offer to sell that Ipod and it's contents to the restaurant I work for, since I have it all organized and ready to go. Basically they are going to buy me a new one, for personal use, so I can leave the other one there at all times. Can I run both Ipods from my home PC? would it screw up I tunes or anything else? Anyone done this before? Is it ok to do this? Should I just call customer support?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
2 ipods running the exact same playlists on 1 computer = perfect situation.

everytime you plug it one in, it'll ask to update it even if itunes if linked to the other.

Try having 2 ipods that you want to have different content.. then you need to set them both to manual and create playlists and manage them accordingly.

halo five

TRIBE Member
I tried to get this to work for a while, ended up switching to Ephpod, then Amarok (KDE). It's probably possible, but for me it wasn't worth the hassle figuring out the Apple way of doing things.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
well, the plan is to pretty much load up the 30 gig one, and then its done with...we have an AC charger, so I would only update it if needed, but they will have fairly simelar playlists, would it make a difference if one was a 30 gig and one was a 60 gig?

Also, a friend who doesnt have an internet connection, but does have a laptop was thinking of buying one, would I be able to set hers up with some music and leave some space for her to upload her CD's onto it?