1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

iPod + Phone = iPhone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by deep, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

no it's just launching. sitting here not touchin the laptop and it just opens up. close it and it opens 5 mins later then nothing for a while.

2. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

anyone else finding iOS5 slow?

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

It's slow on my 3gs. I have to make sure I don't have too many apps running or it gets a little ridiculous.

4. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member

Never found it slow on my 3GS, but I keep everything relatively paired down, few applications open (well, less than 20 anyways).

Make sure you update all your apps.

Moved to the 4S this week. Haven't had much time to play with anything yet.
    I am enjoying dictating by bluetooth. I get half my morning work done by the time I get in to work now.

5. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I REAAAALLLY miss my jailbroken phone.

6. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

What do you miss about it?

I just grabbed a white 32 GB 4S and need a case. I think the otterbox is overkill, but I still want something substantial. Any suggestions?

7. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

8. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

tried asking siri where the nearest so-and-so store was, doesn't recognize addresses in canada. until that's fixed i'm not touching this phone.

9. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Yeah Siri blows for canada i've been saying that since launch.

I also have a 32g white phone and need a case! I'm thinking invis shield and moshi iglaze.

10. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I'm using Siri a lot for calendar so there's a fair bit of value for me.

11. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I miss the apps in Cydia... aka Intelliscreen, I miss the stuff for apptrakr, other custom functions I had in it...

12. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Why didn't you stay on 4.x until the 5.x untether was released? Or rollback to 4.x?

13. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member

Calendar and reminders alone is pretty badass. Answering texts and emails while driving handfree is sooo helpful.

I am ticked off about the maps, but its is still beta software.

Oh and Siri can't seem to figure out if I have my music on shuffle and I want to stop and play the album that the currently playing song is on. Context machine my ass.

14. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Because I was an idiot and didn't do my research and proceeded to update. Then I realized the mistake.

I tried to revert back, but even with TinyUmbrella, or modifying the host file and even with saved SHSH files I still can't revert back.
    So basically I am screwed.

15. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

16. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

What's a good case for the 4/4S? Any suggestions?

17. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I like moshi iglaze for minimalism.

I should get invissheild on the face but meh.

Mine is white on white tho.

[​IMG]

18. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I have a white 4S so that would probably look nice. Does provide a bit of a buffer, so if the phone was face down the glass/screen wouldn't rest directly on the surface?

19. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

Vapor Pro Stealth w/Matte Carbon Back Plate

best case I've seen. keeps both screen and camera lens off a surface and the inside is lined with rubber for shock absorption. i have an older one they don't make anymore and love it.

20. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

pretty sure you can leave the back plate off too if you want...mine doesn't have one at all

21. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I have the Speck Candyshell 4 in white... and it has that buffer

This is the new one, i have the prev gen... looks almost the same

[​IMG]

That greyish liner is rubber and it sticks out farther then the glass

22. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

There is definitely no bumper on the front which is why I was thinking of just adding an invisiblesheild.

23. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I wanted this one but they say it's too bulky to fit most docks.

24. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

150 bucks for case? That is crazytown.

25. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member