• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

iPod + Phone = iPhone

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
no it's just launching. sitting here not touchin the laptop and it just opens up. close it and it opens 5 mins later then nothing for a while.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Never found it slow on my 3GS, but I keep everything relatively paired down, few applications open (well, less than 20 anyways).

Make sure you update all your apps.

Moved to the 4S this week. Haven't had much time to play with anything yet.
I am enjoying dictating by bluetooth. I get half my morning work done by the time I get in to work now.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
What do you miss about it?

I just grabbed a white 32 GB 4S and need a case. I think the otterbox is overkill, but I still want something substantial. Any suggestions?

kuba

TRIBE Member
tried asking siri where the nearest so-and-so store was, doesn't recognize addresses in canada. until that's fixed i'm not touching this phone.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Yeah Siri blows for canada i've been saying that since launch.

I also have a 32g white phone and need a case! I'm thinking invis shield and moshi iglaze.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I'm using Siri a lot for calendar so there's a fair bit of value for me.
Calendar and reminders alone is pretty badass. Answering texts and emails while driving handfree is sooo helpful.

I am ticked off about the maps, but its is still beta software.

Oh and Siri can't seem to figure out if I have my music on shuffle and I want to stop and play the album that the currently playing song is on. Context machine my ass.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Why didn't you stay on 4.x until the 5.x untether was released? Or rollback to 4.x?
Because I was an idiot and didn't do my research and proceeded to update. Then I realized the mistake.

I tried to revert back, but even with TinyUmbrella, or modifying the host file and even with saved SHSH files I still can't revert back.
So basically I am screwed.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I have a white 4S so that would probably look nice. Does provide a bit of a buffer, so if the phone was face down the glass/screen wouldn't rest directly on the surface?

rawd

TRIBE Member
I have the Speck Candyshell 4 in white... and it has that buffer

This is the new one, i have the prev gen... looks almost the same

That greyish liner is rubber and it sticks out farther then the glass

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
I have a white 4S so that would probably look nice. Does provide a bit of a buffer, so if the phone was face down the glass/screen wouldn't rest directly on the surface?
There is definitely no bumper on the front which is why I was thinking of just adding an invisiblesheild.