• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

iPod + Phone = iPhone

deep

TRIBE Member
This has popped up again in the rumour mill over the past couple weeks, but an analyst just let the cat out of the bag and Apple has been moving to trademark the term "iPhone" across a variety of countries.

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Analysts-Say-Apple-iPhone-Is-Coming/story.xhtml?story_id=101005UJK7XG

Two models were mentioned:

1] A smart phone "including integrated keyboard, video and music capability" to compete with Blackberries / Treos

2] A slimmer phone with music capability to go after the RAZR set

At least one of the models will have WiFi to allow wireless internet and file transfers.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
pretty soon apple will produce some iThing that will be a multipurpose phone/music/camera/planner/whateverelse accessory that will make all the other doodads pointless.

consolodation is the key! then 6 months later, they'll release a smaller version that everyone else has to have... and the following year, different colours of that small version.

soon you won't be Deep. you'll be iDeep... in blue or metallic green!

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
My BB 8100 has an mp3/video player + 2g memory expansion. For 20 bucks I get unlimited data usage through T-Mobile (I believe the same is available through Rodgers). Bluetooth connectivity allows for wireless transfers. And it was only 200 bucks after rebate. Now that's a Mighty Taco!

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
pretty soon apple will produce some iThing that will be a multipurpose phone/music/camera/planner/whateverelse accessory that will make all the other doodads pointless.

consolodation is the key! then 6 months later, they'll release a smaller version that everyone else has to have... and the following year, different colours of that small version.

soon you won't be Deep. you'll be iDeep... in blue or metallic green!

And you'll finally go out and buy one, but the day after, the prices will drop because the new one comes out. Then you won't be cool anymore.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member

My Nokia 6265i is pretty much an IPhone...

Plays media, video, radio, speakerphone(can play mp3 with speaker), bluetooth, high resolution screen, 2 megapixel camera with flash.

it's a kickass phone.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I can't have any of these toys anyways... either I break them cause I'm clumsy or they distract me all day and I spent 6 hours trying to upload the theme to beverly hill cop as my ringtone.

OwenThomas

TRIBE Promoter
deep said:
Indeed. You totally can't bash in a person's skull with a stupid RAZR.
"heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit him with it."
Boris The Blade......as in Boris the Bullet Dodger - Snatch.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:

My Nokia 6265i is pretty much an IPhone...

Plays media, video, radio, speakerphone(can play mp3 with speaker), bluetooth, high resolution screen, 2 megapixel camera with flash.

it's a kickass phone.

iPhone = Meh

myPhone = Woohoo!

Mine's like yours Nick, except with a 3.2 megapixel camera.

:)

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
OwenThomas said:
"heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit him with it."
Boris The Blade......as in Boris the Bullet Dodger - Snatch.
lol i love the look on his face when he says it too... fucking hilarious.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
Dang, my 15 minutes of phone awesomeness have been Trumped. Noice phone bro!

EYE YAM FIE RED

Why don't we just rule over all the people who have "lesser" phones?

Bow before our telecommunicative might!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
videotronic said:
hey nick does that phone have an airplane mode so you can turn the transmitter off and just use the mp3 player section?
Apparently the only thing this phone doesn't do is go into Airplane mode.

deep

TRIBE Member
They did it: touch screen, widescreen, ipod, smartphone, camera, internet connectivity

Capping literally years of speculation on perhaps the most intensely followed unconfirmed product in Apple's history -- and that's saying a lot -- the iPhone has been announced today. Yeah, we said it: "iPhone," the name the entire free world had all but unanimously christened it from the time it'd been nothing more than a twinkle in Stevie J's eye (comments, Cisco?). Sweet, glorious specs of the 11.6 millimeter device (that's frickin' thin, by the way) include a 3.5-inch wide touchscreen display with multi-touch support, 2 megapixel cam, 8 GB of storage, and 3G radio -- and amazingly, it somehow runs OS X.
Pics & Live coverage

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/
http://www.macrumorslive.com/