1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ipod Newb Here - getting shit from the non ipod world to the ipod world

Discussion in 'Technology' started by praktik, Apr 13, 2010.

1. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Hello all ipod users. Unfortunately I do not know the bliss of ipod ownership. I use winamp to create m3u playlists.

My sister's destination wedding is coming up in a few days and I got a playlist she asked me to make all ready to go, the mp3s in their own folder and edited and volume matched so its perfect.

So my plan is to bring em down on a compact disc I burn, transfer them to my dad's laptop which has itunes, and then put it on one of their ipods.

So - whats a quick way to get an m3u playlist in a transferrable state (.xml i hear?) so that I can make importing the playlist pretty painless?

Im thinking of going the slow and safe route: bring a typed list of the order, transfer the files into itunes and then manually recreate the playlist in itunes. (which I assume can then be put on an ipod no problem)

So whats the best plan of attack here?

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

some help you guys are <pouts in corner>

3. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

if i were you, i would just burn the songs in the order you want onto the CD/DVD naming them ...

01 - <insert song name here>
    02 - <insert song name here>

etc. then when you put it into your dads computer, open up itunes, on the left hand side that houses the music library, you would then create a Playlist Called ' Sister's Wedding ' down under the playlist section and drag and drap all the songs ( cmd+a then click and drag) to the Playlist folder in itunes.

it will copy all the songs into it.

then you plug your ipod/iphone/itouch into the computer, click on it on the left bar menu, and look for the music tab.

once on the muisc tab, check the box beside the playlist folder you ceated, and ' Apply Sync '

that should do the trick.

[jai]

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

IF you want a specific order you can use the Track # column in the tag.