1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ipod minis?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Old Stradlater, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Old Stradlater

Old Stradlater TRIBE Member

So they have been completely wiped out and replaced by the Ipod Nano? Didn't the mini just come out like last year?

Also a Mini can be 6 gigs, but the highest Nano is 4 gigs?

I want to buy my sister an Ipod for a present but I wanted to get her a mini because the colour looks cool and the nano just looks boring.

What should I do?

Can you even buy Minis in the store? or just ebay?

What is going on here?

2. Old Stradlater

Wait a second no. Didn't the minis just come out like this year??? like in January???

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

naw, a bit earlier. But either way, welcome to progress. No reason to have the mini around with the nano on the shelves. As to the 6G situation, give it about three-five months and the six (or something larger) will be available.

4. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

If you feel sorry for the iPod Mini, that is because you are CRAZY. It is just an mp3 player, it has no feelings. And besides, the Nano is much better.

5. Old Stradlater

Why is it better? It doesn't look as good.

6. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Looks aren't everything. The Nano uses Flash drives, which have no moving parts, so it's much tougher than the Mini, which does have moving parts. You can drop the Nano, sit on it, even run over it with a car and it'll still keep on ticking. Also, it is much smaller than even the Mini and can fit in your wallet.

7. Lovely N Amazin

Lovely N Amazin TRIBE Member

why did apple kill the mini but still sells the shuffle?

:confused:

i hope the 6G nano comes out before christmas.

8. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Hmmm my plan is to buy either an ipod or ipod mini this winter. I want to have it for days of snowboarding. I just need to figure out which one would be a better investment. Is it even worthwhile to buy a regular ipod these days? I guess the benefit of a reg ipod is more storage?

9. Tins

Tins TRIBE Member

Buy her a pink one! That's what I got about a month ago and I love it.

You can buy them at Future Shop and such, but the prices were better on Ebay and that's where I bought mine.

10. Rataxès

Rataxès TRIBE Member

/golf clap for reference

11. Rataxès

Rataxès TRIBE Member

Apple has discontinued the Mini now that the Nano is available. Once inventory is cleared out it's gone gone gone. There are still a few in stores now, mostly 6GB.

12. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Got myself a 4gb Nano today. This thing is sexay.

13. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

my girlfriend just bought a pink mini about a week ago..an ipod is an ipod is an ipod in my book

14. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

no

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

15. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

yes...in my book anyways...

fuck small big whatever if it gets you to point a to b then who gives a shit

16. tella

tella TRIBE Member

i also have a pink mini. 4 gig...250$ with tax. LOVE IT.