• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ipod minis?

Old Stradlater

TRIBE Member
So they have been completely wiped out and replaced by the Ipod Nano? Didn't the mini just come out like last year?

Also a Mini can be 6 gigs, but the highest Nano is 4 gigs?

I want to buy my sister an Ipod for a present but I wanted to get her a mini because the colour looks cool and the nano just looks boring.

What should I do?

Can you even buy Minis in the store? or just ebay?

What is going on here?

acheron

TRIBE Member
naw, a bit earlier. But either way, welcome to progress. No reason to have the mini around with the nano on the shelves. As to the 6G situation, give it about three-five months and the six (or something larger) will be available.

Stan

TRIBE Member
If you feel sorry for the iPod Mini, that is because you are CRAZY. It is just an mp3 player, it has no feelings. And besides, the Nano is much better.

Stan

TRIBE Member
Looks aren't everything. The Nano uses Flash drives, which have no moving parts, so it's much tougher than the Mini, which does have moving parts. You can drop the Nano, sit on it, even run over it with a car and it'll still keep on ticking. Also, it is much smaller than even the Mini and can fit in your wallet.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Hmmm my plan is to buy either an ipod or ipod mini this winter. I want to have it for days of snowboarding. I just need to figure out which one would be a better investment. Is it even worthwhile to buy a regular ipod these days? I guess the benefit of a reg ipod is more storage?

Tins

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Old Stradlater
I want to buy my sister an Ipod for a present but I wanted to get her a mini because the colour looks cool and the nano just looks boring.

What should I do?

Buy her a pink one! That's what I got about a month ago and I love it.

You can buy them at Future Shop and such, but the prices were better on Ebay and that's where I bought mine.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
If you feel sorry for the iPod Mini, that is because you are CRAZY. It is just an mp3 player, it has no feelings. And besides, the Nano is much better.
/golf clap for reference

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Apple has discontinued the Mini now that the Nano is available. Once inventory is cleared out it's gone gone gone. There are still a few in stores now, mostly 6GB.

TRO

TRIBE Member
my girlfriend just bought a pink mini about a week ago..an ipod is an ipod is an ipod in my book

TRO

TRIBE Member
yes...in my book anyways...

fuck small big whatever if it gets you to point a to b then who gives a shit