• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ipod Help

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
so here is the deal.
I plug my Ipod Shuffle into my computer at home, and I can add tunes to it just fine.
but when I plug it in to the USB to charge, the light blinks yellow 3 times and then stops, and I've left it in overnight thinking it was charging and sure enough, it wasnt.

now the manual says to plug into another USB port.
I plugged it in to all 5 on my computer and the same thing happens.
but when the Ipod into the computer at my work, it charges up just fine (the light continues to blink until fully charged).
so I know its not the battery because once it does charge, its good to go.

I was hoping someone else had this problem before and there was some sort of computer setting or something that needed to be done or changed on my system/in my ITunes to make it so I wouldnt have to wait til Im at work to charge this damn thing everytime.

lil help?

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
after checking the Device Manager, I've discovered the USB Controller drivers are no longer installed (wtf?).
I just assumed that since the Ipod was reading and transfering files through the same USB fine, that everything was coool.
but now I've gone and reinstalled the usb driver, restarted, and still the same thing is happening. 3 or 4 blinks and then nothing on the Ipod light. but I can still transfer files to it or listen to tunes on it.

thanks in the mean time. although that thing is even pretty cool looking, I really dont want to have to buy a secondary usb adapter when I already have 5 ports on the computer and considering that everything else that uses the usb adapters works completely fine.
looks like its the work computers that'll be keepin' me charged up. good thing those batteries actually last a surprisingly long time and only need a few hours to charge.

ps: since when do drivers uninstall themself?

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
nope. the computer at my work I charge with is not 2.0
it just takes longer to charge then a 2.0 would, which is why I wanted to use my home puter (since it is 2.0)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
My iPod shuffle wont play anymore.

Every time I push play, the small amber and green lights blink back and forth. The buttons aren't locked so I don't know what to do.

Should I just reinstall the software again?

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
sorry, I stopped paying attention to this thread after I gave up on mine.

but for your problem (the blinking light), update the Ipod Updater software from the apple site, and do to the Restore feature of that program, and then the Update feature of that program.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I think our computer sucks.

I can't get it to work. I don't have a 2.0 port, so maybe i'm too impatient, but it shouldn't take 1 hour.

Thanks anyway. :)