• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

IPOD 3 days old - I DROPPED IT and it is busted

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
ok holly crap these Ipods are the biggest pieces of crap...grrrr. I got the new ipod vido from Future shop for my b-day on the weekend...had it for 3 days and dropped it walking along the road...like nothing, it just fell out of my hand and landed fairly gently...I can't reboot it nothing...the face has tiny scrapes on it so you can tell it was dropped, what do you think the odds of future shope exhanging it back are?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
i worked for apple, same policies everywhere.
they won't exchange it.
unless you lie to them....

i've dropped mine like 5+ times and it bounces back and keeps on working.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
you needed one of these:

A4.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
i thought my mini was toast when i landed on it while snowboarding last winter. it wouldn't boot up and the hd inside would make this sickening squeeling/squeeking sound...
87212482_03dcafc15b.jpg

but like a little blue jesus it magically resurrected itself four days later. try elevating your ipod and putting it on ice for a while. if symptoms persist after five days see a doctor

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
the key words you need when talking to any techs are 'normal use' just tell them it broke during 'normal use'. i got an acer hard drive replaced after some drunk kid accidentally smashed it into oblivion at a gig.

it works. your ipod will be fine.

'normal use'

;)

ps: in the future, stick to cheap mp3 players, they are more durable. i once biked to wes' place with my shuffle dragging along the ground on the end of my headphone cord. it was fine.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
But when they get the iPod at the repair centre and see the scratches, won't they think

a) No way was that 'normal use' or
b) Why are we selling iPods to lions now?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
'normal use'

stick to the story. there's no way to prove those scratches are from dropping it. say you left your keys in the pocket with the ipod.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Toggle the hold switch on and off
Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears. Usually 6-10 seconds. Older iPods require you hit Select and Play by the way.
Rinse and repeat until it does it.

kuba

TRIBE Member
who cares if the scratch is there- doesn't mean it was dropped. like people said, they can't prove anything. fact: you bought it, went to bed, woke up, and voila, it's le broke.

chloe69

TRIBE Member
Put it back in the box and return it for a store credit. Then go back the next day and buy a new one with the credit from a different salesperson.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
solacevip said:
Toggle the hold switch on and off
Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears. Usually 6-10 seconds. Older iPods require you hit Select and Play by the way.
Rinse and repeat until it does it.

Seriously...Why do they make resetting an iPod harder than opening that box from Hellraiser?

Hypnotoad

TRIBE Member
I haven't read each response, but if you bought the iPod with a credit card, it should be insured against such breakage.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Hypnotoad said:
I haven't read each response, but if you bought the iPod with a credit card, it should be insured against such breakage.

Only if it's a platinum card....and some gold cards....you gotta read the fine print.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
solacevip said:
Only if it's a platinum card....and some gold cards....you gotta read the fine print.

i think hypnotoad has already established that they don't read things.