• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iphone5

kuba

TRIBE Member
well i did it. Black iPhone 5. took a bunch of pics on the way home to test the flare. it's there in certain angles but i'm pretty sure I can live with it considering it's a far superior camera then the one in the windows phone.

WHAT?

THE

FUCK?

No.

Of course, the Nokia 808 PureView beats every other smartphone to the punch when it comes to low-light camera tests because the 808, which was released last year and runs on Symbian, has a whopping 41-megapixel sensor, meaning it has way more pixels to work with in low-light situations.

It uses something that attempts to be like oversampling by combining pixels (though not precisely like the 808, and it can’t since the sensor and pixel starting point is not the same). Whilst it is known that the low light optimised Nokia Lumia 920 slaughters iPhone 5, the Nokia 808 PureView gives the iPhone 5 a good kicking too.

The Lumia 920 has the PureView 8.7 megapixel camera. This camera uses the optics of Carl Zeiss and has floating lens tech, which allows 5 to 10 times more light than with any other handset. This means that your photos are crystal clear and bright along with being crisp. In recent tests against the iPhone 5, it beat the Apple phone in low light conditions.

From everything/where I've read (theverge, engadget, gizmodo etc), no one ever claimed the i5 camera was anywhere close to the nokia windows 8 camera (the new 920).

kuba

TRIBE Member
overreaction on my part

BUT

920 is "out" it's just not "out" yet, and widely regarded as having a killer camera - if that's what you want outta a phone primarily

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Karim

TRIBE Member
- There was a time for a good two weeks when I would search for an app in the app store and all I got back was a blank screen. I couldn't download ANY new apps fora long time.
This is now happening to my girlfriends phone. Brutal.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
really loving it so far. been using it pretty much non stop.

I like how light it is, when i use the lady's 4s it's like a paperweight in comparison.

no real bugs or problems so far. chrome browser app rocks.

some parts of the workflow infuriate me like it doesn't handle the same way, but I'm new. so that will go away with experience.

I especially don't like how you need to manually close every application after using or it will kill your battery. on the windows phone you can just hit back button a few times to kill running apps.

battery life is fine for me so far.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
and wi fi is fine. it's slower but that's to be expected.

same performance as the windows phone was on wifi.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
my old windows phone actually was heavier than the 4s still.

weird how technology progresses. ok i'm done.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Add another to the list of gripes. iTunes Match has been a buggy mess. I thought I was doing it wrong the entire time but it's getting widespread publicity in the blogs now for being so shit.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Well...the 920 is only coming out on Rogers(which has zero coverage other than in Saskatoon, Regina) ...and I'm not particularly enthused at the prospect of buying it unlocked from some joint.

So it looks like I'll be sticking with Android. A nexus of some kind next year.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
One thing I noticed after iOS6 unnecessarily input all my facebook contacts to my phone, my autocorrect in all applications spells my friends' more unusual names the proper way.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
on the way to soccer last night I got my first.. Hey, Ah.. is that the new iPhone 5?

yeah man just got it yesterday my old phone broke.

Hey, man.. Yeah I heard the maps suck. I got a 3S. I love it.

cool man, it's really not a big deal. Look at it (the maps application)..

ew! that application looks nasty.

okay.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
fucking around with the panorama capture..

you got to be bang on your aim or it creates artifacts.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
ha!

well i'm new it's like you gotta keep a steady line.. it shows you on the screen if your drifting.. the second one has artifacts. maybe it will get better with time.. but looks kinda knarly..

already updated my facebook profile.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories