• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iphone5

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
low light is great for taking pictures indoors where you don't want to use the awful flashes that phones have attached to them. it's not just for dark rooms in nightclubs.

JoshuaReid

TRIBE Member
Does anyone go to concerts and actually watch it live vs watching it from their mobile screens?
I can say without a doubt that I'm there to watch the show. But, as a person who (maybe I shouldn't admit this) has shadowboxes for my tickets (and I have A LOT of these), it's sometimes nice to throw in a photo in them as well. But, because of low light conditions, they rarely turn out and I don't enjoy taking my big handheld camera to shows anymore (i'd much prefer to take in the show then be fiddling with a camera, nevermind the clunkiness it adds)

JamesM

TRIBE Member
my windows phone officially broke it won't charge anymore like the connector is shot..

fuck, they must make these things to last one year only..

I have extended warranty, so since windows 8 ain't out yet think i'm forced into the iPhone 5, because I won't touch android.

Karim

TRIBE Member
I really like my iPhone but I'm finding this phone to be the buggiest iPhone I've owned thus far.

Sure the maps is shit, but there are some other issues I'm noticing:

- The Podcasts app designed by apple is sooooo shitty. When you tap on a podcast, it doesn't indicate if it's loading and appears to just sit there frozen for minutes until anything actually starts to play.
- If I listen to a podcast, and pause it. When I get a phone call, as soon as I hang up the music starts playing again. This could happen hours since I paused the pod cast.
- There was a time for a good two weeks when I would search for an app in the app store and all I got back was a blank screen. I couldn't download ANY new apps fora long time.
- If I have an iCloud e-mail that I read on my computer, the notification on the email app icon itself doesn't update until I open the email app itself. So the app could say I have 3 emails unread when in reality, I read them all elsewhere. I don't remember this happening with previous versions.
- One day, I can stream video just fine over Airplay, the next, I get an HDCP error and can't airplay any videos at all.

On that note, it's still less buggy overall than my old Samsung Galaxy S, but considering how few bugs I had with my previous jobs era iPhones, I'm surprised at how many I have now.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
yeah well is the 5 worth it? I'm on bell and they'res shit available now..

so I guess I have no choice or just go without a phone until bell picks up the windows 8..

can't wait that long.

I think I'm gunna do it!

rawd

TRIBE Member
Has anyone ordered one directly from Apple and gotten it shipped on time. I've got mine queued for estimated delivery of Oct 24th - 30th. I'm wondering if they are shipping on schedule with all the grumpy Foxconners.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i ordered mine launch day and it arrived one day later then scheduled, but it was due to a UPS error

im in the same boat as karim. love the phone but want to smash it for a few reasons. the battery life sucks sucks SUCKS donkey dick. like i burned through literally 5% of my battery this AM walking from church/dundas to yonge/dundas....loaded tweets, loaded FB, sent two texts and left a VM for my girlfriend and boom....5% gone.

im also less than impressed with the purple flare bullshit on the camera. i dont care what anyone says, photographers, apple fanboys, apologists for anyone...no other camera phone ive ever had has had that issue, including the 4 or 4s. it shouldnt happen. if you cant make if that thin and not have purple flare then dont make it that thin. im sure an extra MM wouldnt kill anyone, and i would much rather have a camera that works properly (considering its a major selling point of the phone) than have the phone be 1MM thinner and the camera be as frustrating as it is.

best part is going to be when the 5S comes out next year, the purple flare is gone and apple will still be saying that the purple flare on the 5 is "expected behaviour"

JamesM

TRIBE Member
damn, is the purple flare on everything? or is it just in certain shots?

I'm literally going down to the bell store in an hour to sort all this out.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
oh and ive also been noticing over the last few days that my wifi signal strength sucks both at home and at work. both routers are recent time capsules with radios as strong as an ox. there isnt a device in my house/office that gets less than 4 wifi bars and yet my phone gets 1.

rogers' LTE sucks dick too. its been down for days at a time 2 days since ive had the phone and ive been gone for the last 5 so i have no idea what happened over them.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
can't wait though. My windows phone broke and won't charge anymore.

So one way or another I'm getting a new phone today.

So if the 5 is in, and everything is proper with the paperwork. I'll go for it.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
well i did it. Black iPhone 5. took a bunch of pics on the way home to test the flare. it's there in certain angles but i'm pretty sure I can live with it considering it's a far superior camera then the one in the windows phone.

it's a beauty though. wasn't prepared for how light it was compared to the 4s.

more later..

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Strange, I've had amazing battery, wifi, and LTE performance so no complaints there. I've been praising the battery life over the 4S since I can actually go through a whole day without charging now.

Now if only I could get a device that isn't damaged out of the box...

Karim

TRIBE Member
oh and ive also been noticing over the last few days that my wifi signal strength sucks both at home and at work. both routers are recent time capsules with radios as strong as an ox. there isnt a device in my house/office that gets less than 4 wifi bars and yet my phone gets 1.
+1. This promise of faster wifi has turned out to be bullshit.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I have no probs connecting to 5ghz .11n with 2 spatial streams so it is quite a bit faster than before. *shrug*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders