• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iphone5

kyfe

TRIBE Member
just found out we'll probably be getting the I5 @ the contract price but our phone plan will be 50% off.

I'm hoping I am among the first to get it, although I'd have to wait a week before I can touch it.

lobo

TRIBE Member
What's the current time period with Rogers before you can do a HUP? Is it still 2 years into your contract or longer?

Lobo

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
I went on the Rogers reservation system on the day it opened and I got number 164 or something. I checked back again and now I don't have a number any more and it says the shipping process has begun.. Whatever that means.
I also just got off the phone with customer service. I told them that my $300 early upgrade fee was a bit high and asked if there was somehing they could do for me. They transferred me to retentions and they gave me 50% off the upgrade fee.
Thanks for the advice sianspherica

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Those new HTC Windows 8 phone were also underwhelming.

ANyone else find that the "beats" trademark anything for sound is a HUGE turnoff for a product? I sure do!

Karim

TRIBE Member
Just got my shipment notification from apple. I'm prolly going to try to get my sim card today to avoid the pandemonium tomorrow...

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Just got my shipment notification from apple. I'm prolly going to try to get my sim card today to avoid the pandemonium tomorrow...
My phone just left the UPS depot in Concord and I've transferred service to my nano sim already. Wooo!

Karim

TRIBE Member
Hope you guys weren't too dependant on your Maps app in IOS 5 cause 6 seems to have really pissed off a lot of people:

BBC News - New Apple maps app under fire from users

Lobo
Yeah, the maps kinda suck. I had been using iOS6 for a while and was frustrated when asking for directions to businesses. When the directions are locked in, the GPS is really good, however setting the locations is a pain. I spent 5 days in NYC recently and the lack of transit in the maps app was frustrating. I ended up relying on 3rd party applications but the original google maps transit was much better.

Apple doesn't take to criticism too well so I'm sure they've probably called an emergency meeting and are making it a priority to make them better, but until then, we gotta put up with it...

Dialog

TRIBE Member
It's going to be a rough patch of adjustment as Apple gets the mapping improved. The new service is clearly inferior and there is no option but to improve it.

Like when Fandroids were waiting for Google to improve their handset OS, and instead they pinched off Honeycomb. Or Microsoft and Vista. Or for that matter, any Microsoft mobile OS pre-WP7.

*shrug*

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
my stupid android phone just died and I can't seem to get my hands on an iphone 5 :( Anyone selling an iphone 4s for cheap?

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
Telus' systems are completely down today across Canada.
They've been down since 8am this morning and have not been able to
activate any iPhone 5s. I just went by the Telus store to get my phone and this is the latest.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
And you sir, just gave me goosebumped skin. :)

My status says "IN PROGRESS", so I am most likely going to receive it with the second shipment. Pretty excited. :)

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
cancelled my iPhone 5 reservation through Rogers and got a Samsung Galaxy S3 instead

fuck Apple, had an iPhone since 2008 but they failure to truly innovate has lost me