• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iphone5

kuba

TRIBE Member
is coming tomorrow.

apple fanbois and grrls let's dedicate a space to this, talk about the failures and victories, bash it, hail it, comment on it, spit on it, break it, line up for it..

HERE>

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I can't wait to hear about how different it is and why everyone needs to dump the last generation phone to get this one.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
It's really just a slight form factor change, essentially the same design, spec bump with LTE (maybe NFC), likely a better camera with a few more options, and that's it. We've essentially seen the OS. I bet there will be a section handed over to accessories in order to justify the port size change. But nothing really "next level" or that other devices can already do.

But they will sell a shitload of them because Apple has a very good understanding of where everyone is in their Hardware Upgrade Eligibility cycle. At least in the US.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
I'm upgrading to it eventually, but not in a rush. My only reason is that I want to return to having an unlocked phone. This past year has been one headache after another while traveling with the 4S I currently have.

The iPhone is the only apple device I own.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Google maps is no longer native and being replaced with an Apple version apparently using the TomTom mapping. May also have built in navigation as well so no need to purchase a separate navigation app.

Youtube will also no longer be native.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
May also have built in navigation as well so no need to purchase a separate navigation app.

Youtube will also no longer be native.
Yup but that's iOS6, not ip5 specific. Maps works well...no more streetview however but routing based on traffic and construction conditions works great.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Do you guys really care all that much about LTE? Personally I don't care for the addtiional cost from the carrier. I don't think I've ever complained that my phone internet speed was too slow since 3G came out. Anytime I need to do large transfers I'm usually on a wifi network anyways.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Do you guys really care all that much about LTE? Personally I don't care for the addtiional cost from the carrier. I don't think I've ever complained that my phone internet speed was too slow since 3G came out. Anytime I need to do large transfers I'm usually on a wifi network anyways.
Lol whut

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Actually nevermind, I thought LTE coverage was an additional charge from the carrier, looks like it's rolled into data plans now. Still don't care that much about LTE though.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I am predicting underwelming hardware. Probably specs that can't even beat the SG3, even though it's coming out months after.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories