• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Intuition - how much do you trust yours?

artemis

TRIBE Member
Intuition - how often do you use / rely / trust it?

exibit a: a friend of mine swears up and down that he is not lying, but my intuition says opposite...? there is no logical reason for me to think this, but i am fairly sure.

what do you do in these situations?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I've learned my intuition really sucks..

So, I go by this:
1) If I think they are lying, they aren't
2) If I think they are telling the truth, I know they are lying MF's!!!...:mad:

artemis

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
I've learned my intuition really sucks..

So, I go by this:
1) If I think they are lying, they aren't
2) If I think they are telling the truth, I know they are lying MF's!!!...:mad:

haha... sorry to hear that, but at least you've come up with a foolproof method!? :eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

artemis

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
if you can't trust your friends.. then who can you trust.

yeah that's what i mean... not sure if i want to be friends with this person if its true because it seems farily constant - my bs-o-meter is going off frequently but i don't see what the point would be... ?

artemis

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
always trust your intuition.

i tend to get my ass spanked if i don't.

haha well that a fairly good selling point for me; win-win either way :D

thanks tho... i get your meaning...

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I have a hard time deciding whether my "intuition" is just a lack of identifying physical stimulus that I haven't actively paid attention to, yet my brain is nevertheless processing. I don't think I leverage my intuition very often.

artemis

TRIBE Member
geminigirl said:
Mine is pretty bang on.

artemis..trust you gut. I bet you it is right.

yeah i think so too, but don't want to lose a friendship over a 'feeling'

i'm just second-guessing myself... wish i had more solid facts

artemis

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:
I have a hard time deciding whether my "intuition" is just a lack of identifying physical stimulus that I haven't actively paid attention to, yet my brain is nevertheless processing. I don't think I leverage my intuition very often.

leverage? hmm. explain pls?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:

atp.. It's the long weekend. Don't get all wordy on us. :p

That is way too much visual stimulus for me to process tonight..:D

Edit: obviously with me and my dble posts

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:
Sooo, I need to read this when I have more than 10 brain cells being active.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
yeah i think so too, but don't want to lose a friendship over a 'feeling'

i'm just second-guessing myself... wish i had more solid facts

Had this feeling for awhile.. Always knew the friend was lying and kept catching the person in the lie, but they would always manage to weasel out or come up with an 'explanation'... Go with your gut.

artemis

TRIBE Member
in this case, he is denying his interest in our gay neighbor, as well as having had 'experimental' relationships before, which he had already told me about previously

the thing that gets me is that he knows it would make no difference to me either way...? and i am incredinly good at keeping his secrets so...

also, this is not what would be the friendship breaker, what bothers me is that there are a whole bunch of little insignificant statements that have accumulated into one of those times where i no longer know what is truth or not with this person (?)

artemis

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
Had this feeling for awhile.. Always knew the friend was lying and kept catching the person in the lie, but they would always manage to weasel out or come up with an 'explanation'... Go with your gut.

yeah, that's exactly what happens!

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
in this case, he is denying his interest in our gay neighbor, as well as having had 'experimental' relationships before, which he had already told me about previously

the thing that gets me is that he knows it would make no difference to me either way...? and i am incredinly good at keeping his secrets so...

also, this is not what would be the friendship breaker, what bothers me is that there are a whole bunch of little insignificant statements that have accumulated into one of those times where i no longer know what is truth or not with this person (?)

Ahh.. The gay issue? Whether you think you should know or not..or that he should tell you or be honest with you, isn't really your decision. Sorry, but he'll tell you when he's ready. Just had a friend come out to me last week. He's in his mid-thirties. We've all known he was gay but he has always denied it..vehemently.. It had to be his choice.

As to the rest, I can't give you any thoughts..

Last edited:

~atp~

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
leverage? hmm. explain pls?

By "leverage" I mean "act on". I'm just saying that when I feel "intuitive" about someone, I don't generally act on it directly...I'm almost always trying to reason my way through problems.