• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Internet Explorer 7 Beta

ducke

TRIBE Member
After reading so many bug reports about FIREFOX I logged onto Microsoft and seen that they have released a new browser .

Not too bad . Lot's of handy buttons .

Maybe others know more about it :O

P.s.
If there was a post about this before - Sorry .

Anakin

TRIBE Member
It's alright. The layout engine is not complete in the public beta 2. But at one of the recenet microsoft events, they released a version to the attendees, that had the completed layout engine.

You'll find certain pages using java script will not work, you may find that text is not where it is supposed to be. One of the more common issues is that some sites are center justified in IE7, when they are obviously not supposed to be.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I like it, but it's not nearly as customizable as FireFox is. The only serious issue I have with FF is the memory leak. But then I just close the browser kill the process and open it again. The functionality far outweighs any drawbacks it has.

Hopefully the next build has some sort of 'garbage collection'. That should be sufficient to deal with the memory leak.

ducke

TRIBE Member
I think it does have TABBED function on it .
It is pretty cool . I am liking how choose the different layouts . I have noticed that some things do not load correctly and thats cool I will deal with it and wait on the full thing or patches ...

SLEEPY GIANT ~ > memory leak ??? What is that ??? yesterday when I was looking into it " FF " a lot of peeps said the same thing ?
I would like to try it out on my getto laptop " Armada 7800 " does it need a lot space cause it does not have much ...

Over all I would give I/E 6 Stars
LMAO

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
ducke said:
SLEEPY GIANT ~ > memory leak ??? What is that ??? yesterday when I was looking into it " FF " a lot of peeps said the same thing ?
I would like to try it out on my getto laptop " Armada 7800 " does it need a lot space cause it does not have much
A memory leak happens when a program doesn't release memory after it has accessed it. It's not uncommon for me to have FireFox running with over 100,000KB of memory accessed in the task manager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Leak

Doran

TRIBE Member
is that infamous mem leak you speak of the one that's not in fact a leak, but a supposed feature?

The Firefox memory leak is not a bug. It's a feature! The 'feature' is how the pages are cached in a tabbed environment." From the article: "To improve performance when navigating (studies show that 39% of all page navigations are renavigations to pages visited less than 10 pages ago, usually using the back button), Firefox 1.5 implements a Back-Forward cache that retains the rendered document for the last five session history entries for each tab. This is a lot of data. If you have a lot of tabs, Firefox's memory usage can climb dramatically. It's a trade-off. What you get out of it is faster performance as you navigate the web."
- http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/14/2154224&from=rss

ducke

TRIBE Member
:rolleyes: HELP PLEASE :confused:

If I were to remove I/E 7 Beta will the old one return or will I have to go and install it ?

Thanks For Any Help - HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders