• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Intel Says Chip Speed Breakthrough Will Alter Cyberworld

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Deus

TRIBE Member
Soon everything will go over the internet. TV, phone, everything. Then we'll just need to connect out brain to the computer and enter the Matrix.
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
pretty much everything already goes over the internet.

just wait until quantum computers hit the shelves, then we'll be able to do some really crazy shit. like porn on our computers.
 

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
pretty much everything already goes over the internet.

just wait until quantum computers hit the shelves, then we'll be able to do some really crazy shit. like porn on our computers.


I'm scared about it...cryptography will have to be completely reinvented.

That, and intelligent machines might really become intelligent.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I designed my site likening the last ten years of the internet to the early timelines of our other communications technologies, (radio, tv, film). Right now we're in the "black and white/silent picture/analog" era of the internet.

I think this will move us forward as we saw the other technologies thrust forward. Can't wait. :)
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
and thus is why I posted that vinyl will die one of these days.
Just think about ... Hi resolution audio in surround sound that is far beyond what most ppl have heard and you can be in say Spain and stream all your music straight to the part instantly.

Things are so going to change, yet it will still be the same old same old because ppl are the same.

Just faster ways of getting to nowhere(maybe)..
:D
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
when TV came out I bet people also said radio would die.

Good argument!
but it did diminish;)

I am thinking better analogy is 8 track, cassetes, and mp3 etc
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
You do have a point. But the people who love vinyl love that they can interact physically with it. They can put their hands on it and command, by touching the actual medium (not a dial), the sounds they get from it.

Who knows really. But I think vinyl still has some kick in it yet.
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
You do have a point. But the people who love vinyl love that they can interact physically with it. They can put their hands on it and command, by touching the actual medium (not a dial), the sounds they get from it.

Who knows really. But I think vinyl still has some kick in it yet.

I do to and I still use it. It's just more of a statement of how things might change.
 

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Most of us aren't sociologically mature enough to handle technological innovation; even now, we're too technologically retarded to deal with things like nuclear power in a meaningful and constructive way.

Quantum computing is a whole different ball game.
 

Photon

TRIBE Member
wow thanks for this, i'm finishing school in april and this gives me hope that i will be able to get a job.
and yes when quantum cryptology comes in to play it's going to turn everything upside down
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Wow, I really hope that nobody releases an artificially evolving AI into our optical computer network... especially if we're all wired up and removed from reality all the time.
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Photon
on another note i can't wait till they start implementing fiber to the curb

Oh you can get it to the curb its just a matter of how much you can afford.
I have a 100 Mb burstable in this building, but it cost a fortune.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Boss Hog
You do have a point. But the people who love vinyl love that they can interact physically with it. They can put their hands on it and command, by touching the actual medium (not a dial), the sounds they get from it.

Who knows really. But I think vinyl still has some kick in it yet.

Yes, but now picture a medium that has even better interactive feel than vinyl. I don't know what exactly, but I can think of some vague notions, such as pads on your body that vibrate or something as you interact and change the music.
 

Photon

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
Oh you can get it to the curb its just a matter of how much you can afford.
I have a 100 Mb burstable in this building, but it cost a fortune.

Ya I guess I should have expanded on that a bit more. I meant when it becomes feasible to get it everywhere.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Photon
Ya I guess I should have expanded on that a bit more. I meant when it becomes feasible to get it everywhere.

Well technically if you go by the rules of cost and demand there is a huge amount of fibre surplus. Most the fibre is dark and I have been told that we only utilise less than 2% of what is out there. Monopolies rule!!
 

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
I designed my site likening the last ten years of the internet to the early timelines of our other communications technologies, (radio, tv, film). Right now we're in the "black and white/silent picture/analog" era of the internet.

I think this will move us forward as we saw the other technologies thrust forward. Can't wait. :)

that's a great website Boss Hog

as for vinyl...it will go the way of rare books

a collector's item, it already is now for some genres, but i think it'll become more and more of a novelty as time goes on
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DaPhatConductor
Wow, I really hope that nobody releases an artificially evolving AI into our optical computer network... especially if we're all wired up and removed from reality all the time.
DESTROY TOKYO
 

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
pretty much everything already goes over the internet.

just wait until quantum computers hit the shelves, then we'll be able to do some really crazy shit. like porn on our computers.

*remembers demolition man
 
Top