• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

'Integral' is the new nightclub soundsytem KING??

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
apparently Steve Dash (the brains/entity behind Phazon is no longer with the company??

source

"Crobar New York no longer has a Phazon system. I was in the place when it did, right after it opened, and it sounded phenomenal. Just like Miami. Then, recently, they changed it to a Dynacord system. This is the same that Space Miami and Rain in Vegas have. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but I think there is some shit going on over at Phazon.

Why do I say this? Well, Mansion in Miami was a Phazon system back at WMC '04. It sure didn't sound like a Phazon, it sounded just average to me. It was done in co-operation with another big sound company based in Chicago called Sound Investment.

Now, if you go to the Phazon website, Steve Dash is no longer listed as being with the company. He was the brains behind Phazon and why they sound so freaking good. Dan Agne, formerly of Sound Investment is now listed. Somthing changed, and Steve is no longer there.

Enter Spirit NYC. Sprit is located in the former space that Twilo occupied (new owner from Ireland). They have been around a bit over a year. All of a sudden Made Events is back promoting there (Made is Mike Bindra, fomerly of Arc, and Twilo). Spirit all of a sudden got a new sound system called Integral Audio. Who is behind Integral? Steve Dash. From the reviews of Tenaglia's party there a couple of weeks ago, this new Intgeral System blows away anything Phazon has ever done. Danny even says so."

hmmm.

d

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
http://www.capsuledesign.com/images/integral_logo.gif

from a venue review (Spirit, NYC)...

A change is underfoot at SPIRIT including a new sound system and promotion teams. The club on West 27th has been revamped with the world's second Integral Sound system (the debut system going into Sven Vath’s highly-touted Cocoon club in Germany). Integral is the new sound company formed by Mike Bindra and Steve Dash, the same partnership behind Arc's renowned system. As many will remember Steve Dash is the mastermind engineer behind the famous Phazon sound systems at Twilo & (original) Sound Factory and Mike was the General Manager at Twilo during its golden years. Considering the history of the space and their partnership, you can imagine how much care must have gone into the new system from these two...

source

also fyi... just read that The Shelbourne Hotel in south beach has installed a new Integral system in their basement venue "Shine" as well. posted in the house room under wmc listings.

d