• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

insurance...who knows some cheap companies

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
im looking to get a new carrier since my jeep payments are done i really only need collision and theft and need a new insurer...help

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Also, I told them my online quote # and asked if they could match it and do better in person.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Do you intend to drive it? You'll need plpd too! If you get quotes without that you'll find them all to be super cheap...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm with The Personal, though that's a corporate rate. Almost anywhere (especially your bank) should be able to match your lowest quote. TD's also pretty good.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
it really depends what you want, given the current condition of the market alot of companies are not bringing in new business unless you have an affiliation and accept the quote. Insurance does not price match, if you guys are thinking that's the way it works then don't bother.

historically the least expensive are:
PC financial
Dominion
TD

BBJ your best rate will likely be with your current carrier and the type of coverage you want is Liability only, this does not cover collision nor comprehensive. what this means is if you are at fault in an accident you get nothing to repair your car, you're doing it out of your own pocket, if anything gets stolen you are also SOL. keep this in mind when determining what type of coverage you want. PLPD is Liability coverage and it is mandatory to carry a minimum of $500,000 on a policy however most companies will not allow anything less than 1mil. this only protects you should someone take action against you when you are in an accident, such as a passenger suing you for your negligence or the other driver/occupants or for property damage you cause.

toney

TRIBE Member
^
Just know that when your in a at fault you lose more than just the value of the veh minus the DED .. For instance - towing ($200-300) , storage ($50/day) , fire dept service ($300 each truck in some municipalities) , cost of salvaging/destroying ($200) if the veh is a total loss... and that's even if you let someone else drive your car.

lobo

TRIBE Member
I moved from Statefarm to RBC because of the increase that Statefarm instituted. It was almost $400 per car! That being said, the rates that insurance companies charge is also based on where you live and what you do with the car. Even staying with the same insurance can differing rates if you move from The Bridal Path to Parkdale. When I moved from the Keele & Sheppard area to Woodbridge, my rates went up about $200 overall.

Lobo

Bean

TRIBE Member
If you can, get insurance under a group policy (i.e. affiliated with alumni from your college/university, professional organization, etc). Generally, these rates tend to be lower.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'm telling you, Scotia was the lowest (banks-wise). Even try their online quotes. I did three kinds of cars: a used American car, a really old car in the family, a new VW and a Benz.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I'm telling you, Scotia was the lowest (banks-wise). Even try their online quotes. I did three kinds of cars: a used American car, a really old car in the family, a new VW and a Benz.
I wouldn't touch scotia...
on the banking side I've had nothing but problems with my US accounts, mortgage etc and they always want to put it back on you.

Banks shouldn't be in the Insurance business IMO,

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Agreed Fuck Scotia and Fuck the banks putting small business like insurance agents and financial planners out of business.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I'm shopping for new insurance, my bank TD is charging me $1800, i went on kanetix to look for better deals , desjardin and allstate are $500 less. So ya fuck the banks!

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I had to call Kanetix to find out which quote was the cheapest, ( it didn't list the name)it ended up being Coseco, same company as co operators.. Their quote is $700 cheaper than TD bank.