• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Insurance industry and ecstasy use.

echootje

TRIBE Member
I work in Life Insurance (only temporarily thank god!) and we had a Christmas party the other day where we invited the senior underwriter (an Actuary) from a very large insurance company who deals with our cases.

Because of an agent question, she mentioned a case she had. The client had taken ecstasy ("only once") and admitted it to the Agent and put that info on her application form.

The underwriter has follow underwriter's guidelines in such cases. Unfortunately the client was not allowed to apply for insurance for 7 years to that company.

Food for thought.

Rob

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Next thing you know, you'll have to go through a psychological profiling to get insurance.

So... do you ever get the urge to run people over? Cause you know what? I do all the time.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Insurance industry and ecstasy use.

Originally posted by Bumbaclat
what

a

retard
If they consider you 'high risk' for anything, they'll ask for a more complete medical picture, and that can include drug tests.

So,
you can tell the truth,
or,
you can lie and if you're caught you'll get rated for non-disclosure (ie, higher premium) or be barred from getting insurance for a long long time.

They share info on clients too, so don't think you can just go to the next one and start with a clean slate.

[edit} It IS NOT the dishonest industry everybody thinks it is.

Rob

wyrm

TRIBE Member
I hope seven years isn't some kind of pseudo-scientific measure used to say "Now there are no traces of that adulterant in her body!"

but yes, she is a retard.

I once had a question about serotonin production rates and reuptake problems for my GP (more than seven years ago ;) ) and he said Wha??

Serves me right for misdirecting my queries.
The Web knows all answers.:rolleyes:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Insurance industry and ecstasy use.

Originally posted by echootje

They share info on clients too, so don't think you can just go to the next one and start with a clean slate.

they better nopt be sharing my medical info with anyone!!!! its still against the law!

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Insurance industry and ecstasy use.

Originally posted by echootje
If they consider you 'high risk' for anything, they'll ask for a more complete medical picture, and that can include drug tests.

So,
you can tell the truth,
or,
you can lie and if you're caught you'll get rated for non-disclosure (ie, higher premium) or be barred from getting insurance for a long long time.

It's the dishonest industry everybody thinks it is.

Rob
stupid drug test motherfuckers!

echootje

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Insurance industry and ecstasy use.

Originally posted by Ditto Much
they better nopt be sharing my medical info with anyone!!!! its still against the law!
Read the legalese when you sign "Yes I agree that INSURANCEINC. can do whatever it wants to investigate my insurability"

Rob

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I just had a blood and urine test recently for life insurance and passed with flying colours. I'm a model citizen!

Lurch

TRIBE Member
I plain forgot the nurse was coming to my house at 9am.....i must looked like shiat. I would'nt trust my friends to supply clean urine...i would prob show pregnant on the results ;)

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
that makes perfect sense.

people that admit to illegal drug use while applying for life insurance are generally very stupid and very stupid people are prone to getting killed by walking into oncoming traffic and dropping toasters into bathtubs.

chooch

TRIBE Member
'cause the reunion is soon....

i thought this thread was about industry and ecstacy use.

*backs away from thread*

Last edited:

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
the only test I'm guaranteed to fail...

How much does a bottle of clean urine go for on the open market?
there is ways of beating it. Weed is really the only concern. Unless you are banging rails in the bathroom of the waiting room then nose drugs will not be found. <-- slight exageration but you get the point. lay off for a few days.

Bumbaclat

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
that makes perfect sense.

people that admit to illegal drug use while applying for life insurance are generally very stupid and very stupid people are prone to getting killed by walking into oncoming traffic and dropping toasters into bathtubs.
hahahaha

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who was at a party where someone who had shook the hand of the janitor who cleaned up the stadium where elvis once played that the janitor was turned down for life insurance.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who was at a party where someone who had shook the hand of the janitor who cleaned up the stadium where elvis once played that the janitor was turned down for life insurance.
:rolleyes: