• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Institutions

atbell

TRIBE Member
In another thread we have Sellycat saying:

"I do stand by what I said regarding the inbalance between institutions and individuals and the propensity to blame individuals, which seems ridiculous considering said inbalance."

I figured in might be a good chance to step out to a higher theoretic perspective where we could talk of "institutions" as a whole.

I'm going to start with a question. Is it possible that the unbalances between institutions and individuals changes depending on your location? Specifically I would say that smaller towns are less balanced toward institutions and more balanced toward individuals then large cities.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
Is it possible that the unbalances between institutions and individuals changes depending on your location? Specifically I would say that smaller towns are less balanced toward institutions and more balanced toward individuals then large cities.

institutionalized girls are hot.

:p

man_slut

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
In another thread we have Sellycat saying:

"I do stand by what I said regarding the inbalance between institutions and individuals and the propensity to blame individuals, which seems ridiculous considering said inbalance."

I figured in might be a good chance to step out to a higher theoretic perspective where we could talk of "institutions" as a whole.

I'm going to start with a question. Is it possible that the unbalances between institutions and individuals changes depending on your location? Specifically I would say that smaller towns are less balanced toward institutions and more balanced toward individuals then large cities.

I'm a little unclear about your statements. Are you saying that most small town people are more self-employed and rely on corporations (institutions) less? Are you calling corporations institutions (which they are and I have no problem lebelling them as such)?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
judge wopner said:
institutionalized girls are hot.

:p

Just cuz they are consistantly crazy in bed.
And out of bed.
Hell, they are just crazy!

And that's totally hot. Assuming she's not violent in that "I'm going to keel you" sort of way.

Unless you like that.
And then all institutionalized girls are hot.
Even the stabby ones.

To each their own.

All girls are crazy, it's just a matter of finding one that's of a level of crazyness you are willing to deal with on a daily basis.

That being said, I love my girlfriend, she's crazy in the perfect way.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Deep_Groove

TRIBE Member
It depends on what kind of institution you're talking about

Central Banks are not church congregations

Individuals interact differently, socially speaking, in different institutions, and both intsitutions and individuals likewise interact in super-complex interconnected ways

Its probably not an imbalance between "effects" of individuals and "effects of institutions" that contributes to social results. This dichotomy is likely in empirically impossible situation. The more pertinent questions are: how are all the interconnections between individuals and institutions structured? And when do individuals influence the development of institutions and when is it the opposite, throughout historical time?

atbell

TRIBE Member
man_slut said:
I'm a little unclear about your statements. Are you saying that most small town people are more self-employed and rely on corporations (institutions) less? Are you calling corporations institutions (which they are and I have no problem labeling them as such)?

I would say, from completely casual observation, that smaller comunities are more able to stand up to large corporations and government because of self suficient elements and the ease of gaining a comunity consensus.

I am going to call corporations institutions as such.

Although I am beginning to think that at a certain point they are becoming something else that we have not ever dealt with. They are not becoming governments, they are looking less and less like pure businesses as described by Adam Smith and many economists, and they are not religions or NGO's, but they seem to have elements of all three of these types of groups.

atbell

TRIBE Member
Deep_Groove said:
Central Banks are not church congregations

Good point. Maybe it's just a different set of institutions that carry power in smaller cities.

Deep_Groove said:
Its probably not an imbalance between "effects" of individuals and "effects of institutions" that contributes to social results. This dichotomy is likely in empirically impossible situation. The more pertinent questions are: how are all the interconnections between individuals and institutions structured? And when do individuals influence the development of institutions and when is it the opposite, throughout historical time?

Tough questions.

I would also add, in cases of institutional influence over individuals, or the populous, when is this influence a clear decision of an individual within an institution and when is it simply the massive weight of an organizational structure reaping it's havoc?