• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Insider The Actor's Studio: Dave Chappelle

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
Lipton has a pretty good sense of humour he's kept tucked away...the dance off with Chapelle was awesome

deep

TRIBE Member
Deus said:
Is this going to be aired on any other channel?
I imagine the torrent of this will be fairly popular - Chapelle addresses a lot of things personally that I'm not sure has been so far (i.e. his leaving the show)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
he did the whole 'leaving' thing on Oprah 2 monthes ago.

I like the ITAS episode. Some good insight into the man. shows you the importance of Perspective in every day life.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
smack said:
Is Dave Chappelle really that good of an actor to be on this show?
Chapelle says himself he has a hard time believing he's on the show given the range of it's work. I think the closer analysis is appropriate given the impact that work has had, as well as the things he's been saying beyond his work.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
Bernnie Federko said:
Would Richard Pryor have been considered a good enough actor by your standards?
I wouldn't say Chapelle is nearly as groundbreaking as Prior was.

And superman III? See no Evil Hear no Evil were masterpeices :D

zorak

TRIBE Member
smack said:
Is Dave Chappelle really that good of an actor to be on this show?
chappelle's way more entertaining, interesting and compelling than some boring, bloated dingbat like tom hanks, for example.

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Lipton is hilarious, especially when COnan O'Brien has him on reciting Papa Zao and other kevin federline songs in spoken word. (with shakespearean vigor).

last nights episode was great, the first time I've actually watched inside the actors studio.

I think there is something to be said for a comedians timing - and the ability to storytell, stand-up is a form of acting, and on CHappelle Show - Dave was great in every role.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories