• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

@#$%!%#@$^ing Taxes!!!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Is anyone else going through tax HELL right now?!

I was so stoked to get my T4 from my old company so I could go get myself a speedy return... Lo and Behold, the thing arrives and it's completely incorrect.

I just spent 45 minutes arguing with the total MORON in HR at my old work, trying to explain to her that there's no way these numbers are correct. I mean, hey, I really would have LIKED to have been making $45K a year, but no such luck. I wouldn't have QUIT if that were the case...

such. a. fucking. headache.

I now have to rifle through all my piles of crap at home to find my old pay stubs, and pay to have the bank print out old statements of my direct deposit records from these guys. I'm sure it'll be another month at least before all this mayhem is sorted out.

Feel free to use this thread to bitch and rant about your own income tax woes... I'm sure I'll be living in this thread for the next couple of days!

:mad:

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I haven't even started thinking about it. I have all the shit I need.
GAH!

thanks.
:mad:

hahha
j/k

although, I may be back. We'll see.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
I can't wait to do my taxes...I just need one more piece of paper and I'm in!

ditto- commmmmmone AIM, send me my Jan-Feb contributions slip

JESuX

TRIBE Member
SERIOUSLY!!!!

I was so close!

For four months, they've over paid me (on paper) by about $3grand.

I was supposed to go on vacation and pay for a course with my return. I am SO not pleased.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
pretty much the same boat you're in,Jess...I have to wait patiently for my mom's hubby to go through my return from 02' because I apperently NOW owe over 2 grand to the guvernment!!...it's a lost T4 I got late that year from an old employer which is the problem...they think I cheated them but it was just me not sending in THAT T4....but because of this ANY money's I get from this year's return goes straight to them!...I hope I get this figured out in time...god knows I could use the green:(

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
pretty much the same boat you're in,Jess...I have to wait patiently for my mom's hubby to go through my return from 02' because I apperently NOW owe over 2 grand to the guvernment!!...it's a lost T4 I got late that year from an old employer which is the problem...they think I cheated them but it was just me not sending in THAT T4....but because of this ANY money's I get from this year's return goes straight to them!...I hope I get this figured out in time...god knows I could use the green:(
]

I guess I didn't mention to you what happened to me LAST year...

I did my taxes last year, the gov't claims I worked for a company and didn't submit a t4. I never worked for said company. I have to PROVE I didn't work for said company.

Long story short? Hours upon HOURS of calls, complaints, and reports were made, and NOTHING was done. I ended up coughing up $700 to the government because I couldn't prove that I DIDN'T work for this company that claims I did.

Now this?!?! JESUS!

Because of the nightmare last year, as soon as I saw that this was going to be a hassle this year, I had an anxiety attack. I'm trying to explain to my boss here why I'm shaking and crying a bit... Dealing with this shit has been seriously traumatic.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Does anyone else have T4-As in addition to a regular T4?

I think I'm going to have to get someone to do mine this year. Oh, and allot $2K to give the stupid government.

Also, how much does it cost to get a GST number?

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac

I think I'm going to have to get someone to do mine this year. Oh, and allot $2K to give the stupid government.

I think Woods paid $60 for the form for his registration.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Oh, and allot $2K to give the stupid government.

?

What I mean, is that all said and done, there is over a thousand extra dollars tacked on to my T4 PER MONTH.

Example: I MADE $1 600 net
They claim $2 800 gross

in one month. Uhhhh, I don't think so...

If you do the math, they're claiming that I worked 44 hours a week for four months straight. Ha ha ha! I can assure you, I didn't. That also means that I didn't take a single day off. I can assure you, I most certainly did.

Oh man. Such a mess.

My accounts payable supervisor here just gave me a great idea though, she said to take the year to date amount on my last pay stub, and enter it in my income line if I e-file. She said to make sure I cover my ass and send them letters, emails, etc. claiming that they've made a mistake. Seeing as I have ALL my old pay stubs, this is some seriously good news! :D

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Don't use QuickTax, whatever you do.

Fucking idiots put some fucked up registration on it, and I couldn't re-install the bastard. Really garbage software.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
kmac, T4-A is for self employed income right?

make sure you get someone good to do your taxes if you're self employed. there are so many deductions and write-offs that most people don't know to claim.

sk8

TRIBE Member

that's the one for freelance and contract work right?

then yes. that's all i get.

so i owe them lots. :(

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
?

What I mean, is that all said and done, there is over a thousand extra dollars tacked on to my T4 PER MONTH.

?

I was just griping that I have to allot $2,000 to give to the government because that's about what I'm going to owe.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
kmac, T4-A is for self employed income right?

make sure you get someone good to do your taxes if you're self employed. there are so many deductions and write-offs that most people don't know to claim.

Do you know anyone offhand?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
?

I was just griping that I have to allot $2,000 to give to the government because that's about what I'm going to owe.

ohhhhhh, gotcha. that sucks.

i thought you meant that you should allot $2 grand in general for the gov't to take off. sorry man, i'm all wound up today- i didn't understand your sentence! :)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
No worries. Taxes got me fired up too. :)

Anything regarding the government in general gets me fired up.

I was so ready to walk to markham about an hour ago and start inflicting some serious pain via blunt shovel method.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Question: What are the best ways to get large returns?

school?
rrsps?
kids?

I've never gotten money back from taxes in 7 years.