• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Information techno people

lucinda

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine graduated from an IT program 4 years ago and hasn't worked in the field for approx. 2 years. Where should he brush up his skills?? Good place for a refresher?
Thanks
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucinda
A friend of mine graduated from an IT program 4 years ago and hasn't worked in the field for approx. 2 years. Where should he brush up his skills?? Good place for a refresher?
Thanks
Tell him to go on an employed IT guy killing spree cuz that's the only way he'll get a job nowadays in the feild.
 

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Information techno people

Originally posted by OTIS
Tell him to go on an employed IT guy killing spree cuz that's the only way he'll get a job nowadays in the feild.
Not true.
Well partially.

If you have experience and are good at what you do, you can find a job.

But if you have no experience, you're SOL in this damned field.

Which I never understood... how do you get experience :D
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Is your friend using a headhunter?
They are the way to go with IT...

In fact, use several....

The IT field HAS to pick up sooner or later.
Computers arn't going away...
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Information techno people

Originally posted by pr0nstar
Not true.
Well partially.

If you have experience and are good at what you do, you can find a job.

But if you have no experience, you're SOL in this damned field.

Which I never understood... how do you get experience :D
Tell em to apply @ Woodbin racetrack.

They love people with no experience.
Cause then they can pay them crap.

Try it!
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Information techno people

Originally posted by pr0nstar
Not true.
Well partially.

If you have experience and are good at what you do, you can find a job.

But if you have no experience, you're SOL in this damned field.

The same applies for actors.
 

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Information techno people

Originally posted by Bass-Invader
The same applies for actors.
Computer Scientists are actors.

Damned good ones.


...which is why they get hired.
 
Top