• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

INFO NEEDED - nude photography exhibit this thursday at TIL??

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Does anyone have any info on a photography "event" taking place this Thursday, March 2nd at This Is London. I saw the posters up for it around the city - 12 photographers were asked to photograph nude models, whom they had never seen before in a location, which they had been only shown images of once ... in one hour.

Photos will be displayed and the $$ goes to OCAD i seem to remember.

NAME THE EVENT and how I can get more info on it.

Please and thanks.

L

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
the Doctor said:
Does anyone have any info on a photography "event" taking place this Thursday, March 2nd at This Is London. I saw the posters up for it around the city - 12 photographers were asked to photograph nude models, whom they had never seen before in a location, which they had been only shown images of once ... in one hour.

Photos will be displayed and the $$ goes to OCAD i seem to remember.

NAME THE EVENT and how I can get more info on it.

Please and thanks.

L
Naked in the house # 429, it's almost a weekly now.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
http://www.49st.com/site/49st_event.php

Now in its 5th year, NAKED IN THE HOUSE is a competitive photo shoot culminating in a
premium Awards / Show Party.
It has become one of the most talked about events in Canada and is broadcast by
Fashion Television
to three million homes nationally and one hundred and twenty countries internationally.

NAKED IN THE HOUSE revolves around a very simple concept…

12 of the city’s top photographers have:
one camera
one lens
one roll of film
and one 1/2 hour

to photograph one nude model whose identity is a mystery in a location they have only seen pictures of.

The contest is designed to bring photographers back to their roots, to force them to rely on very few tools, in a pressure situation. To bring them back in touch with their eye.

This year's NAKED IN THE HOUSE photography took place at a beautiful home in the York Mills-Bayview area and photographers had a choice whether to shoot in Black and White or Colour.

NAKED IN THE HOUSE is judged by secret ballot. Only those photographers who participated are permitted to judge the work of their peers, and they do so by secret ballot without knowing who shot what.

The winner is announced at a gallery Awards / Show party that will take place on March 2nd at This is London.

The beauty of NAKED IN THE HOUSE lies in its simplicity. By creating a level playing field and stripping photographers of the accoutrements they have come to rely on, a sort of universal eye is brought to bear. When they enter the gallery venue and see how their peers solved the same visual problem, many have commented that their first thought was ‘why didn’t I think of that!’ From that moment on, it is like they have eleven extra sets of eyes to see with.

This year's photographers are
Eric Boutilier-Brown, Dan Couto, Yuri Dojc, Marcelle Faucher, Keri Knapp, Brendan Meadows, Davida Nemeroff, Keith Pace-Asciak, Angela Read, Luna Simic, Clay Stang, Rob Waymen

www.nakedinthehouse.com

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
Shit really? Where have I been ...

Weekly for what? Endless exhibits of nude models?

What a great idea. So where can I get tix and what kind of event is this (i.e. do I have to dress nice or can I go in my "scrubs" hahah yes the pun was intended).

L

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I went to one a few years ago at the York Event theatre. Pretty interesting concept, though I imagine it'd wear a little thin after 429 of them.

thom100

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
well yes, it is the 6th one in 6 years, so you know them annual events :rolleyes:

I'm torn on if I should go or not., A friend is one of the photographers in the contest, but they used a model with breast implants, which is just wrong IMO.

tella

TRIBE Member
i'll be there!

i've only watched the episode on tele, i've never been to the event so i'm looking forward to it.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I went to one a few years ago at the York Event theatre. Pretty interesting concept, though I imagine it'd wear a little thin after 429 of them.

yeah same here.. i went in 2002. it was a kool show..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories