• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

influenza - clip, again.. ;) Nu skool whut?

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Sounds nice.but ive noticed that are your tracks seem to almost sound the same.or at least the last couple of samples you posted up, dont get me wrong it sounds nice but i think you should switch things up a bit.

oddmud

TRIBE Member
sounds the same huh? thats pretty vague.

also, does not every single plump dj's track sound exactly the same? do not most producers have a certain sound? i think most of meat katies track's sound the same. i think most of icey's tracks sound exactly the same.

i'm sure you're right they do have a similar vibe, but thats the state of mind i'm in right now. so i think something a little more constructive should be said instead of just "they sound the same".

if you look at a list of our tracks, we're pretty dynamic over the scale of things.

edit:

also, i'm not trying to jump down your throat. i'm just expressing my feelings towards your reply. i am not mad or taking it personal. you are intitled to your own opinion.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
Sounds nice.but ive noticed that are your tracks seem to almost sound the same.or at least the last couple of samples you posted up, dont get me wrong it sounds nice but i think you should switch things up a bit.
agreed. it's just a tad too repetitive. it'd be hard to handle that same bassline through the entire track. sounds good, but i think perhaps a little variety in bassline may be needed. i haven't heard the full track, but if that same line drones on throughout the entire track, it may lose a bit of it's effectiveness methinks. don't get me wrong though, i think the potential is definitely there; just offering some constructive critisism :)

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmud

does not every single plump dj's track sound exactly the same? the same.
no, there are always similarities, usually with regards to the beat, but i wouldn't say the plumps always sound the same, and definitely not exactly the same

i think most of meat katies track's sound the same.
agreed. often disappointing.

i think most of icey's tracks sound exactly the same.
dj icey's choons have spanned the genres. he's made both some of my favourite tracks, in addition to many that i absolutely loath. his problem is often that he doesn't seem to realize there's such a thing as too much florida. not that the florida sound is all bad, but it can get quite irritating. when he breaks out the funk however, his tracks often leave me grinning stupidly.

everybody does tend to stick to a somewhat similar sound, but if tracks are too familiar, people are disappointed by them. yes, many of the great producers do release similar sounding works, but these are always the ones that people don't get overly excited for.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmud
sounds the same huh? thats pretty vague.

also, does not every single plump dj's track sound exactly the same? do not most producers have a certain sound? i think most of meat katies track's sound the same. i think most of icey's tracks sound exactly the same.

i'm sure you're right they do have a similar vibe, but thats the state of mind i'm in right now. so i think something a little more constructive should be said instead of just "they sound the same".

if you look at a list of our tracks, we're pretty dynamic over the scale of things.

edit:

also, i'm not trying to jump down your throat. i'm just expressing my feelings towards your reply. i am not mad or taking it personal. you are intitled to your own opinion.
Guy your looking at this the wrong way.....i like the track....finish it id like to hear the rest of it........

When i said it sounds the same, i was refering to the lead, it sounds alot like the last sample you put up ( i dont think you posted it here though, i think it was a different forum), maybe it doesnt , but it has the same similarities. But again i understand everyone has there own style/taste.
So please take no offence and i like the shit yourself and PSIdream (Influenza) are doing, so ignore my amateur attitude:D

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by docta seuss

dj icey's choons have spanned the genres. he's made both some of my favourite tracks, in addition to many that i absolutely loath. his problem is often that he doesn't seem to realize there's such a thing as too much florida. not that the florida sound is all bad, but it can get quite irritating. when he breaks out the funk however, his tracks often leave me grinning stupidly.
his one release this summer 'beyond the gilded rays' (i think that's it) was really a departure from his typical sound. i really liked it and found it rather 'fresh'.

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
When i said it sounds the same, i was refering to the lead, it sounds alot like the last sample you put up ( i dont think you posted it here though, i think it was a different forum), maybe it doesnt , but it has the same similarities. But again i understand everyone has there own style/taste.
So please take no offence and i like the shit yourself and PSIdream (Influenza) are doing, so ignore my amateur attitude:D
dude, cause it was teh same fucking clip, just modified.. haha no wonder! ahhahaha

sorry..

:) should have said that in the original post. dude, it's the same environment from the other clip you heard, thats why it sounds so much alike! hahaha thats funny..

no worries..

oddmud

TRIBE Member
no, there are always similarities, usually with regards to the beat, but i wouldn't say the plumps always sound the same, and definitely not exactly the same

Neither do ours. :)

hahaha, so true.. but he often uses the exact same enviornment, then just changes the leads and vocal samples. :) but I do agree with you on that, i was just using it as a reference.

everybody does tend to stick to a somewhat similar sound, but if tracks are too familiar, people are disappointed by them. yes, many of the great producers do release similar sounding works, but these are always the ones that people don't get overly excited for.
:)

oddmud

TRIBE Member
agreed. it's just a tad too repetitive. it'd be hard to handle that same bassline through the entire track. sounds good, but i think perhaps a little variety in bassline may be needed. i haven't heard the full track, but if that same line drones on throughout the entire track, it may lose a bit of it's effectiveness methinks. don't get me wrong though, i think the potential is definitely there; just offering some constructive critisism :)
Agreed. Same bassline does get boring, thats why I often change things up (but you don't usually hear that till the finished product). When I post a clip, it's usually 1 minute long, and it's never finished unless stated. Just try to get peoples views on the vibe and if they like the sounds used. Hence you giving your constructive crits.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
his one release this summer 'beyond the gilded rays' (i think that's it) was really a departure from his typical sound. i really liked it and found it rather 'fresh'.
I agree. Best Icey Tune in ages.

His sound is evolving. In his live sets, the only 'Florida' tunes he plays are his own. The rest of the set is UK based.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
"this dj" was a really slick classic icey track with tons of looped samples switchin it up. Really diggin this track hasn't left my bag since i picked it up