• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Infected Mushroom: Jan 16 at Aria, Jan 17th at Guv

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Whaaaa? This would be absolutely amazing! Their last (double-header) visit to Canada back in August was one of my all-tme favourite weekends.

However, www.amonly.com has a listing for Gabriel & Dresden at Guvernment on Saturday January 17th, so we'll see what happens.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
That would be a very interesting line-up!

Regardless, it's nice to start 2004 on a high note. I would have no trouble with Infected Mushroom coming over here every six months. :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Special K
maybe they are having another one of those ultra-spin thingies or maybe they are playing together in the kool haus

john "quivver" graham is listed to play there that night too on

www.balancepromote.com
STOP!

if that is the case, i will consider going. otherwise, count me OUT.

Trillian

TRIBE Member
worth seeing for the third time

I'm definitely resting up for this. They were absolutely amazing when they were here in August. The thing is, they play a much longer set in Montreal; I think their set was 8 hrs when I saw them at Sona. Hmmm...something to ponder...

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I missed them at Guv last august. how is aria in the winter time? is it as hot as it was in the summer...cuz that was waaaayyyyy too damn hot.

Trillian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MrMarcus
I missed them at Guv last august. how is aria in the winter time? is it as hot as it was in the summer...cuz that was waaaayyyyy too damn hot.
I was there for misstress barbara and it was fine. You are correct in that a lot of Mtl after hour clubs get excessively hot in the summer time. Guv get's like that as well.:cool:

ethnik

TRIBE Member
actually, you can make it a triple-threat week, as they are playing in quebec city on the thursday night before hitting Aria on the friday....

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
^^ Indeed.

I'm thinking... that if the Guvernment show is going to be one of those huge deals, then I might just want to skip that and catch them at Aria.

Last time I saw IM was at Labour of Love, and I had an alright time, but that's because I didn't move from my spot ONCE from well before their set until a little while afterwards. They always ram the shit out of that venue for their bigger nights and it turns into such a hassle.

I still haven't seen them since Converting Vegetarians came out, and I'd really like to hear some of those tunes on a nice big system.

ethnik

TRIBE Member
i don't know what they are doing at Aria or in toronto, but in quebec city it is apparently a 3 hour dj set.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Trillian
I was there for misstress barbara and it was fine. You are correct in that a lot of Mtl after hour clubs get excessively hot in the summer time. Guv get's like that as well.:cool:
I was at Aria in November for her bday, and at some points in the night I actually found it a bit chilly.
(That's a good thing)

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Special K
maybe they are having another one of those ultra-spin thingies or maybe they are playing together in the kool haus

john "quivver" graham is listed to play there that night too on

www.balancepromote.com
i got the flyer sunday morning. no john graham, but anne savage is on the bill.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I got the flyer last night for Ultra Spin 4, not only is Infected Mushroom on the bill so is Rank 1!

Full lineup:

Anne Savage
Gabriel & Dresden
Infected Mushroom (Live)
Rank 1
Mark Oliver
Deko-ze & Addy (4 turntables)

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I hope Rank1 doesn't get too "Dutch". Although I'll probably still check out a bit of Anne Savage next door regardless.

Infected Mushroom really needs to play a DJ set. Hopefully they will do so at Aria, at least.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Looks like it's a go for Infected Mushroom at Aria on the Friday night!

Woo Woo!

Pete <- still doesn't think he'll have the stamina for a double-header.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Tickets have been purchased and all systems are go! I'm wondering if I should avoid showering for the entire weekend in honour of the psy-trance double-header? :)

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
What? You mean like split the cost of cover with all the patrons?
That's a pretty gouda joke. I think you deserve to be kicked with a wooden shoe.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders