• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Inexpensive mixers that are MIDI (in) enabled?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Do you guys know of ANY mixers that are not too expensive that support MIDI in? I want to be able to hook in an analog DM.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
A little old, but tbh if its the midi you are looking for, its the only mixer in their product line that was ever any good IMO. Know a few peeps who still rock those. If there is no bleeding, I say go for it.

Jay

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Anyone here familiar with the Behringer DDM 4000? Would you stay away from it?
I have the DDM4000. Had it for quite a while and it definitely does not follow the poor reputation of other Behringer mixers.

Midi is great however one thing to note is that none of the knobs that are 'infinite' are mappable. I have found this an issue occasionally.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
A little old, but tbh if its the midi you are looking for, its the only mixer in their product line that was ever any good IMO. Know a few peeps who still rock those. If there is no bleeding, I say go for it.

Jay
Just saw this now too Jay... Thanks for that heads up! :)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Okay good to know. Have you used a Midi In device like a drum machine? How are you finding that?
No Just used it to control software mixers and DAWs like Ableton. LEDs are mappable. What are you trying to control with the Drum machine exactly?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Mixing 2 decks and a analog midi controller. I don't entirely care if it is beat matched, just want to see if others have done this with this hardware. My friends setup where I Just came from 3 weeks ago blew my mind away and now I need more toys.