• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Industry Reunion!!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Fuze

TRIBE Member
Industry Reunion

What an incredible party....I don't recall anything close to this since the 90's. Perfect venue, great sound, Dj's all rockin' it, amazing crowd. The biggest problem of the night was figuring out which room to go to because the music was so good. To top it all off, to see friends I haven't seen in years.

It's Tuesday, and I'm still thinking of it.

Ray Ray.

BTW: Stacey Pullen was INSANE

:eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
The Watcher was taking pics at several times throughout the night..... so post 'em up Nick!

Stacey Pullen killed me with those beats..... holy ass shaking bass! Dirty, growly and relentless.... this was the set of the night for me. Wink dropped the tempo initially but quickly brought in some chunky electro stuff that had me pounding my little feet away. Loved the closing by DM, the skyline and sunrise behind him made the ending that much more surreal.

Really like the new Docks layout and sound.... I can see myself checking out more events there before the summer is over. The patio area (and more specifically, the lower dock on the water) was sweet, so great to get some much needed cool air and inevitably end up chatting with familiar faces.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent company and kudos to Wiseman for hosting a lovely pre-meet.

-Tara.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Re: Industry Reunion

Originally posted by Fuze
What an incredible party....I don't recall anything close to this since the 90's. Perfect venue, great sound, Dj's all rockin' it, amazing crowd. The biggest problem of the night was figuring out which room to go to because the music was so good. To top it all off, to see friends I haven't seen in years.

It's Tuesday, and I'm still thinking of it.

Ray Ray.

BTW: Stacey Pullen was INSANE

:eek:

My thoughts too...best party imo since 98. I am still glowing. I don't think any party will top this one for me.

*Maxine*

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big League Chu
Yeah, I heard that too just as we were leaving the docks. Apparently, the guy stole the cab at gunpoint and was headed towards the docks. Just as we were heading over the bridge towards the city, the radio said that the guy was going the opposite way accross the bridge to the docks. They then told the cab no to pursue because he was going to run into a shitload of cops anyway.

holy fuck! check out the cover story in today's sun.

a cab smacked this guy's van and bolted. the van owner chased him, and when he turned the corner, the cab had hit a pole and was on fire. with the help of a friend, they busted the windows and pulled the thief out of the burning vehicle.

the cab was stolen on cherry street.

is it safe to assume this is the same cab? :eek:

Last edited:

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Suke
Bretherin ... I never understand how people don't dance when the beats are trippin'. Pullen was sickness. You laugh at me but stretching at home is a big part of rinsing a dancefloor until 8 in the mornin' ... 8 in the mornin' ... 8 in the mornin'. Lower back, hams, quads and calfs :p. Pilates-4-LiFe.

jc ... shoulda touched down.

Forgot who but either Wink or Dijon had a build up and nobody knew what was coming and then they dropped the xtendamix / remix of FlyLife. Couldn't even hear it coming.

FL FL FL FL FL FL Fly U-Nit

fyi...josh wink dropped the fly life remix and i thought his overall set was smokin ("higher state of consciousness" killed!!) along with those of farina and pullen as well. i was also there early to assist with setup but stayed right until 8:30am when they basically kicked my ass out of there.

a great night, musically, visually, etc. my senses received the full treatment last night!! and that alpha dynaccord system in the main (techno room) area of the docks is fucking ridiculous. 160,000 watts of bliss... money well spent!!

clausell on friday @ sunnyside and the industry reunion (not including partying in between) at the docks on sunday made this one hell of a great weekend and one i'll remember for some time. damn!

d

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta

a cab smacked this guy's van and bolted. the van owner chased him, and when he turned the corner, the cab had hit a pole and was on fire. with the help of a friend, they busted the windows and pulled the thief out of the burning vehicle.

yeah I guess he was right in front or behind us going the same direction as we crossed. I thought they were saying he was headed towards the docks so we were actually looking the wrong way.
Crazy shit indeed.:eek:

RhesusMonkey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta

Yeah, same cab. Funny question (from reading the paper): Do you think the guy's leg was broken before or after getting rescued from a burning car by the people he'd just hit?

Seriously though, I have to give those guys props for doing the right thing when they could've just watched.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I'm just rehashing at this point, but Sunday night and into Monday morning were something special and will be remembered for a long time.

In fact, when a party runs that smoothly and every single dj plays an incredible set, I find it hard to write a review.

For me, Stacey Pullen delievered the set of the night and really worked that system to its full capacity. When inside got to be too much it was just a matter of taking a jaunt to the nicest patio in the whole city, and then back into the house room to hear the bumpin' sounds of Farnia, Sneak or Martin.

Like many people have said, it was a night of familiar faces, some old long lost friends and even some new ones. The vibe at this event was like nothing I've experienced in recent years, and I'm still glowing today.

House music all night long.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I'm beginning to get the post party sadness...............I was looking forward to that for weeks and it ended up being even better than I expected. And now it's over and there isn't anything in the near future that looks like it will compare to that.

I just want to be back on that dancefloor smiling through my feet.......

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed Mario J's Live PA. It was fantastic to hear some of his new production and then relisten to it on a rooftop deck Monday morning courtesy the comemorative CD they were handing out upon exit.

What a nice touch.

:)

kuba

TRIBE Member
This and Danny Tenaglia have/has made my summer, in terms of partying.

Having been a frequent guest of Industry for two or so years until its closing, I didn't know what to expect, and how it was going to turn out.

What made the night so amazing for me was the space, the people, and the music. (not in any order). It was great to hear some wicked house, and then amazing teck. i know I'll be repeating myself with other people's comments, but the ability to go outside and have a talk under the stars was refreshing, the friendly faces were a treat, and I just felt that I'm reaching the point in my life where I would much rather go out two or three times per year to events like this one than every month to blase parties.

Oh, and about the candy, let me explain: I used to go out and only bring one pack of candy, but learned that it was never enough because I give 90% of it away. This time I brought the most I could have hauled in those pockets and it STILL wasn't enough, but was glad to give them to people, especially the ones who expect it the least (eh, patrick?) :D

Sorry to anyone who I was hanging out with and then made an abrupt departure. Never count on me being able to hold more than one thought together for a minute at a night like that.

Thanks to everyone including the staff (if you're readiing) for NOT molesting me at the door *cough*othershittylargeclubs*cough*. And to the entire group of people who put last night together.

til next time :)

kuba

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
Thanks to everyone including the staff (if you're readiing) for NOT molesting me at the door *cough*othershittylargeclubs*cough*. And to the entire group of people who put last night together.

kuba

it was no guv search (hands in pants), but the docks swearch women (who was cute) still felt me closer than i would've liked

she lifted up my shirt and exposed my back to the crowd (no big deal but is it really necessary?) and "felt" my bum (which was also unnecesary)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
The man who saved the cab thief from the burning cab was on Canada AM this morning. He feels like a hero, big time.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
it was no guv search (hands in pants), but the docks swearch women (who was cute) still felt me closer than i would've liked

she lifted up my shirt and exposed my back to the crowd (no big deal but is it really necessary?) and "felt" my bum (which was also unnecesary)

I was barely checked - wasn't even asked to empty my pockets. At the guv it's sometimes the full hand down my pants ball jostle... even got groped upon re-entry to the Tenaglia party albeit outside my clothes (she was firm yet gentle).

tonep

TRIBE Member
total post party blues....

wish i could hear Farina's set one more time......

Sooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cri

TRIBE Member
I had an amazing time at this party! The effort that went into putting this show on did not go unnoticed!! Hoy crap. Everything was set up just perfectly. :D

The set of the night for me was DJ Sneak. He killed me. Absolutely destroyed me. I was lovin it :)

Stacey Pullen was rawkin it as well...

I ran into two girls from highschool which just made the night even stranger. I could have run into anyone there...such a wide mix of people :)

Thanx to my dancing partners for makin the night so awesome!!

cri :):)

ps.and thanx to kuba for post party relief :p

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I GO TO THIS FUCKING PARTY!??!!!?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????

*bangs self repeatedly in head with keyboard*

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Seriously, I try to never have party regrets but this is one time I can't help but feel like I really missed out big.

What the fuck was I thinking?

*shakes head*

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
My friends and I had such a great time this past weekend.
Congrats Industry and thank you for giving us such a special night. The decor was fabulous, nice one Mychol. The music was outstanding. My god, I couldn't decide what room I wanted to be in. At one point so I just stook in between both rooms listening to the beats of Josh Wink and the vocals of Sneak mixing in together. Sneak had the set of the night for me. That big guy had some mixes going on that reminded me why I still go out.

Loved the dj set up in the house room. Having Jackee and Rommell as our gogo dancers was just plain festive. Such a treat having those ladies busting it for us! Definately one of my highlights of the evening.

Great to see a good crowd out. MIXED crowds are always the best!

Anyways to sum it all up....party of the summer.....tied with Garnier for party of the year.....most definately the best BIG scale party we've seen in Toronto in years. Can't wait for next one!

Hey, Nice to meet you to Nesta! :) The afterparty was a hoot. Cevin can have the 1-3 time slot next go around........1-3 PM on a hot summer afteroon drinking Corona's on the partio timeslot that is. :D

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Seriously, I try to never have party regrets but this is one time I can't help but feel like I really missed out big.

What the fuck was I thinking?

*shakes head*

you and me both - fawk!

even my co-worker, who pussies out of everything, stayed til they kicked him out.