• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Indigo SALE today! (the bookstore)

madnezz

TRIBE Member
For Irewards members--- 20% off EVERYTHING (even the stuff already on sale!)

YIPPEE!!!

One day only (today, Sunday!)

- Laura

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Sunday, my Prince will come

sw9.gif

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Or you can just buy from amazon.ca which is pretty much 20% less than chapters everyday anyway.

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
I'm sure that I don't belong in this thread but, are you guys excited that there is a sale @ a bookstore? :confused:

amInotnormal?
GRj

acheron

TRIBE Member
Y'know, I figured out that these 'loyalty cards' that you have to pay for before you get the discount they offer, are a total ripoff.

Think about it.. They give you an average of 10% off, right? And it costs $10-15 a YEAR to purchase?

The average consumer isn't going to take advantage of all the sales and such that come along - so let's say for argument the card costs $10 and the discount works out to 10% across the board - which is basically what the irewards thing costs.

$10 to buy the card.

It will take you $100 in purchases before you start to see an actual discount, right? And you can't buy anything anywhere else or else you're losing money.

BUT! It will take another $1000 in purchases to break even on the $100 you had to spend to even start earning the discount. So, $1110 later, you finally start making money on the deal. But by that point, you're well into next year and you've already had to re-purchase your discount card.

It's not a good deal. Paying for a discount just ruins the whole thing.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
I'm sure that I don't belong in this thread but, are you guys excited that there is a sale @ a bookstore? :confused:

amInotnormal?
GRj

ppssst- word on the street is that books are cool! *wink*

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj

amInotnormal?
GRj

I get excited! I didn't go because I have enough I haven't touched, but I love reading and books are getting more and more expensive.

~jen

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I'll never pay retail for books again after I visited that store beside the World's biggest bookstore. They have a wicked selection of books, dvds and magazines and usually at least 50% off cover price (they are used but who cares?). I could drop a few hundred dollars in that place no problem (if I had a few hundred dollars to drop)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I just gotta chime in and say how absurd it appears to me there are Coles locations still, and they have the Indigo colours and font???!!??