• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Indie / Hipster Guys

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Wtf, when did Nikes become indie? It's sickening.
echo park/cinespace 06? i pretty much blame cory kennedy for everything in this post 9/11 world.
*kicks pile of chuck Ts, vans, and dunks*

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
Dam That SnarkEE Kid said:

we all have eating disorders... well, the two of them do. i just don't eat, period.
so beaver cafe it (20)hertz

edit- oh wait is this ny? *insert alphabet city*

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Nothin' wrong with Chucks, Vans!

Just Nikes. So played out. They look alright. But Indie kids should be wearing either really awesome super expensive shoes or really fucking cheapass Chinatown shoes. Not Nikes.
That's like me wearing Marks Work Wearhouse. *shudder*

erika

TRIBE Member
I thought only the pseudo gangsta oversized hoodie wearing boys in my 'hood wore Nikes
I'm with MoFo: either super expensive vintage runners, or else something glow in the dark :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
i like my north phillies because they look just as good on the bench in front of american apparel with some drop pocket slims and a vee or kickin it like snoop c-walkin' on the devil's roof... (generaly equally as likely to do either on a given day)

anyhow it's funny to get to travel around north america and see the different zeitgeist timezones throughout different cities. like, trends start in billyburg/silver lake/echo park and go viral in mission (san fran), wicker park (chicago), L5P (atlanta), cambridge (boston), SCAD (savannah), parkdale, osbourne village (winterpeg), mission/kensington (cowtown), etc. you'll see glassless glasses or dunks/reebok easters or plaid in the former and spread to the latter within +2, +3, +6 months

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
my pictures exist in a dimension somewhere between new york, toronto, london, berlin, barcelona and sao paolo
are those SvsB pics from the trip?

when i traveled around germany a couple of yrs ago i brought back this pair of red pumas and they didn't catch on here for like two seasons. seeing them always remind me of getting hyphy on warsteiner in kreutzberg (in the process of taking over from mitte as hipschter-zentral at the time in berlin).

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
This is what passes for an ironic t-shirt around here. But I wear it because it's such a good fit!

p.s. there are 11 bears in total. Can you spot them all??

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
my pictures exist in a dimension somewhere between new york, toronto, london, berlin, barcelona and sao paolo

and i waer fancy nikes
You moved onto Saucony's, no?
Those were great.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN PHANTOM OF THE OPERA?
I love it so much, I just don't really get it.

deca.dance

TRIBE Member
its all about ones wolf count
how many wolves you have on your shirt

then florida shirts became the new wolf shirt and now i am just confused

why not

TRIBE Member

i like this thread cuz i can just post pictuers about me

weeeeeeee
i saw your friend (who's name i can't remember) last night at some lame club opening. she didn't remember me.
she was hanging out with a tall, super skinny, very young gay boy.

i know - that's a really interesting story eh?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I love tartan/plaid accessories.. This is my ideal outfit for work, for play and to sit around in. I would shovel in this. It reminds me of my dad. He always wears plaid at home and to work. He loves really bright plaids like this that make him look like a walking tablecloth. It's great.

I love plaid ties so much I want to marry them.

I found this plaid tie in Kensington. It was exactly what I wanted. It looks like some old lady sewed it. And the vest (so played out though but I don't care) is the vest my dad wore coming to Canada. It's really small and doesn't fit me at all. I love it.

This whole outfit including my grey skinny jeans that I bought at the Financial District Winners a while back costs about $75. My Hermes pendant was even only $3. I LOVE CLOTHES. People should just wear what they love. Who the fuck cares what people wear. As long as you truly love them.

The hat has got to go though. I was having a bad hair day. If I had a choice, I would've worn a top hat.

I'm going to Tiger Bar tonight. I want to wear the baggiest clothing I can find. I have a sitting XXXXL hoodie at my office.. Hmm..

MoFo

TRIBE Member
He might not be gay though.. Isn't that the international symbol for "vagina?"

Or he might just be doing a double point: "Me and him."

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
bear shirt is awesome. i especially like the determined bear face looking straight at you in the background. he's like 'bears are serious business'.

deep

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
This is what passes for an ironic t-shirt around here. But I wear it because it's such a good fit!

p.s. there are 11 bears in total. Can you spot them all??

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders