• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Indie / Hipster Guys

MoFo

TRIBE Member
TRO said:
I saw some picture somewhere how to be a hipster and one thing was a pack of belmonts
If it was in New York Magazine, I would probably throw that magazine out and go to the hipster handbook: Today's Parent.
Children have the #2 best sense of style.
The #1 is old black men.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
That's it I'm cracking out my Chip and Pepper.
Nooooooo... Chip and Pepper is too ironic Youtube backstage fashion show news report/"I left early from Atelier," says Glenn Baxter cool.

Like, any fashion brand where you can picture Kathy Ireland sitting in the front row of the show and being taken seriously is a no no.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ooooooh, Hanson just came on!

If I were to ever start my own line, Mmmmmbop would be the opening song for my show.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
Sunny I'm going to reach through the computer and hit you
And I wasn't kidding. Chip and Pepper is sooooooo 2005.
They're like the poor man's DSquared.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What I'm a little pissed about is the fact that a lot of these young whitey kids have closets, trunks and attics full of dead grandparent clothing and they're not digging into this goldmine!!!

I frequently raid my dying grandfather's closets at his nursing home for goodies. I just got two more skinny ties that he was happy to give to me. People aren't too focused on real classic details anymore.

Like if I were to get a tracksuit and be all RUN DMC, I would go and look for the actual thing from the 80's with sweat pilling on the crotch area.

Think of all the amazing leathers, accessories, cardigans and jackets just sitting in these Forest Hill houses.. While their children run out to Billabong to buy an ironic tshirt!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
See, the guy on the right? His jeans are too try-hard.. There's too many breaks.. And he doesn't have the right hair for that outfit.. And his shirt is just a tad too low.. And he's just not that good looking so he should stick to being your everyday accountant and not wear shit like this.

I look hot in this btw. It makes me look so anorexic, I want to eat myself and barf me out.

Bad choice, Mr. Sartorialist!

TRO

TRIBE Member
I saw a shirt at one of those billabong stores with a picture of che gruverra on it and the caption read

"I have no idea who this is"

the funny thing is...the shirt was in kid sizes

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
there's a point where they are just too tight, like any guy you see working in american apparel or urban outfitters. but lots are still skinny but not nut bustingly so that look good on most guys. most guys who aren't fat at least.
Word up. Especially skinny/bubble butts dudes like me.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
vinder said:
there's a point where they are just too tight, like any guy you see working in american apparel or urban outfitters. but lots are still skinny but not nut bustingly so that look good on most guys. most guys who aren't fat at least.

it isn't like my opinion on fashion matters a whole lot. i don't really have much in the way of style. but if you're a larger guy, DEFINITELY stay away from hipster jeans.

i could probably pull of skinnier jeans as i am pretty slender but i don't think i could take myself too seriously in them.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Muad'ib said:
it isn't like my opinion on fashion matters a whole lot. i don't really have much in the way of style. but if you're a larger guy, DEFINITELY stay away from hipster jeans.

i could probably pull of skinnier jeans as i am pretty slender but i don't think i could take myself too seriously in them.
grant, skinny jeans are serious business.

sugar

TRIBE Member
rentboy, you were in my dream last night. We were at No Frills in their giant herb garden (which doesn't really exist). The end.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
rentboy, you were in my dream last night. We were at No Frills in their giant herb garden (which doesn't really exist). The end.
haha!

Fascinating. I hope to play more bit-part roles in future dreams. Make it a Dominion next time.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories