• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Incorrect duration (-2014) error mesage in Qucktime -WTF?!?-

Donc

TRIBE Member
:mad: I just dl-ed some sweet .avi files of Depeche Mode performing in 1981. I wanna see the goods, but when I open the file I get an error message that tells me the file has an incorrect duration and is followed by (-2014). What the hell is this and how can I circumvent tohe problem? Anyone know?

Donc

TRIBE Member
Thanks, I've already gone that route, but Windows Media Player returns with an unrecognized file prompt. I am running Mac OS 10.3.9 if that helps...?

Donc

TRIBE Member
There is next to nothing on this when I search. No relevant results. Anyone who can help will get copies!:D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Donc

TRIBE Member
Thanks, oddmyth... Nice to hear from you, man!
I tried to download that, but I couldn't get video or audio. So I got VLC, and video plays but only a split second of sound. I looked inside the properties of the file for pertinent codec info which is mpga for the audio and div3 for the video. Does that help? I can't seem to find any documentation online regarding the audio codec... Why can't our computers all just get along?