• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

income tax question

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I was working for this company last year and I know it went under just after I left. I haven't recieved a T4 from them yet, am I ever going to or am I SOL? Is there a way to get one from them considering I did work there and do have money owed to me?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
they're required to issue T4 slips even if they went bankrupt.
does the company no longer exist at all, or did they just close the location you worked at?

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I changed companies too and I haven't received mine yet. You can call them and either arrange to pick it up or wait for them to send it to you through mail.

But since they went under, I have no clue who you can contact for this shit...

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
the company no longer exists. they woul dhave had to have done this a while ago and I left early last year. They wouldn't have to do it until now. I am thinking that I am going to have to find another way to get my T4...anyone know how?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
I changed companies too and I haven't received mine yet. You can call them and either arrange to pick it up or wait for them to send it to you through mail.
Company no longer exists. There's no phone, mail, nothing....

sugar

TRIBE Member
If they owe you money and have since gone bankrupt, you are still entitled to the money (through the ministry of labour).

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
opium, a company issues a copy of the T4 directly to CCRA so that they have your employment income on record.
if you are unable to locate your T4 through your old employer, you can contact ccra directly to have them send you a duplicate.

for all your taxation needs: www.ccra.ca

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Are you still in touch with anybody from there AT ALL?
No I am not in contact with anyone there. As far as I know the place went under maybe a month after I left. Since then I tried calling, etc, but nothing. The place is gone.

So I guess I have to get in touch with the ministry of labour?

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
i haven't yet received my t4 for my employer.

maybe it's not time to panic yet.
I know I have til the end of Feb, i was just wondering if i had to take another avenue since the company went under?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
yeah dont bother with the ministry of labour unless your comapny still owes you unpaid wages.
ccra is your man if youre just looking for tax documentation.

labRat

TRIBE Member
t4's aren't required to be delivered until the end of february.

*just in case you didn't catch the previous two posts.