• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

In this thread you will recommend a good place to go in the Beaches area

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
It has been a while since I ventured East.

The weather may suck so long walks along the boardwalk are not a safe bet.

I can't remember any cool bars, restaurants or anything much in the Beaches "area"

Help ....

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
2066 - on the north side of Queen - cool little lounge / resto - good, cheap food and the back area is perfect to chill and have a drink. (I think we've been there together?)

Quigley's - on the north side of Queen near-ish to Vic Park - part pub & part restaurant with great food and a fun staff, very popular with locals and has a great (and busy) patio in the summer.

ps. sorry about earlier - now it's dead here.

pps. change your location !!!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
the Doctor said:
It has been a while since I ventured East.

The weather may suck so long walks along the boardwalk are not a safe bet.

I can't remember any cool bars, restaurants or anything much in the Beaches "area"

Help ....
The beaches suck for restaurants, however Leslieville is where its at: Tom Kro, Gios Really Really Nice Restaurant, Ed Levesques, Tulip, George Ghali's Kitchen, Joy and Over Joy, Hello Toast, Barrio...

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I'm partial to The Lounge, which is the upstairs to Fitzgerald's (Queen St. E & Scarborough Rd.)
It's past the main drag of Queen, but that's its advantage.
Il Fornello's is nice for dinner.
Mercini's (Queen and Hammersmith - look for the Roger's Video) is a nice place for dessert and it's not uncommon for them to be playing house music.

b

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
2066 - on the north side of Queen - cool little lounge / resto - good, cheap food and the back area is perfect to chill and have a drink. (I think we've been there together?)

Quigley's - on the north side of Queen near-ish to Vic Park - part pub & part restaurant with great food and a fun staff, very popular with locals and has a great (and busy) patio in the summer.

ps. sorry about earlier - now it's dead here.

pps. change your location !!!
Ah yes the 66 bar ... good call P :)

No worries about earlier, I was on the phone with the sis anyways so it worked well for both of us I suppose.

And as for my location ... IT DOES FUCKING SUCK ALREADY!

But I do love you honey :)

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
The beaches suck for restaurants, however Leslieville is where its at: Tom Kro, Gios Really Really Nice Restaurant, Ed Levesques, Tulip, George Ghali's Kitchen, Joy and Over Joy, Hello Toast, Barrio...
Are these all on Queen? Dundas? Which one would be good for a casual meeting with drinks in the early evening ...

ps nice to see you today Alex

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
walk down to the water plant thingy. it's cool down there by the water. it's at the bottom of Victoria Park I think?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
the Doctor said:
Are these all on Queen? Dundas? Which one would be good for a casual meeting with drinks in the early evening ...

ps nice to see you today Alex

Nice seeing you today too! All those are restarants on Queen East between Broadview and Coxwell. For drinks I would suggest Over Joy or Joy Bistro patio whern the weather warms up. There is also Kubo but the last time I ate their Merchandise Loft location (and that was years ago) their food was overpriced and gross so i never went again. I haven't been to their new location on Queen East.

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
I live in the beaches.. so nice in the summer.. right now it sucks...go to CiDiviamo for some evening drinks it's a nice restaurant, great setting, wicked in the summer though.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
*Biggs* said:
I live in the beaches.. so nice in the summer.. right now it sucks...go to CiDiviamo for some evening drinks it's a nice restaurant, great setting, wicked in the summer though.
i second that motion.

b

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
I don't think I've been anywhere else really. Konditor is good for a nice lunch.. and some yummy passssstries :)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
*Biggs* said:
I don't think I've been anywhere else really. Konditor is good for a nice lunch.. and some yummy passssstries :)
forgot about Konditor... scrum delish!

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
mmmm the rasberry danish is delicious... my family and i are friends with the owner and being a poor student i take all the freebees

Try the tomato soup absolutely fantastic; nothign like it at all... or the schnitzel is good

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Is Stratenger's still around? It was just east of Jones on Queen if I recall. It was a nice first-datey kind of place that for some reason served indian food even though it didn't seem like an indian sort of bar/resto.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Just take your date up to The Dip at Main & Kingston, order a coffee and donut, and go smoke a j out back. Worked for me.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
Just take your date up to The Dip at Main & Kingston, order a coffee and donut, and go smoke a j out back. Worked for me.

awesome.
coffee and a joint.

they should make a show instead of Dinner and Movie. seriously.

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
Ah Allison, you assume it is a date hm?

Perhaps this is a business rendezvous, or a meeting of the minds ... which now that I think about it, changes nothing! Donut's and doobies, what a GREAT idea.

You so :cool:

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Murphy's Law is nice when the weather is warm and they have the rooftop patio open
Tulip is hands down the best steak in the city imo
There's some newish place near Coxwell n Queen (west of Coxwell, north side) that's a sand bar or something, I forget what it's called, but really nice inside. Dunno bout the food, but fairly relaxing for drinks

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Amy_J said:
a sand bar or something, I forget what it's called, but really nice inside. Dunno bout the food, but fairly relaxing for drinks
I hope this doesn't become a trend...who wants to drink sand?