• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

In Chicago Even Cops <3 House

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/26606/

Chicago city authorities embrace house

News courtesy of Skruff

Tourist officials in Illinois are lending their support to Move!, A new festival happening in Chicago this July, which aims to celebrate the US city’s position as the birthplace of house. Danny Tenaglia, Barbara Tucker, Derrick Carter and Frankie Knuckles will all be performing at the two day event which takes place on July 22 and July 23.

“We want to celebrate house music at its birthplace. In addition, we hope to encourage a better understanding and relationships between cultures and their people through dance, to make a positive contribution to the art of music,” festival Director Randy Crumpton said, “Our all star festival line-up is sure to have people of Chicago and around the world dancing in the streets”.

The city backed event marks a small though significant step in the rehabilitation of club culture in the US and comes some two years after Chicago councillors decreed that August 24th is Frankie
Knuckles Day and renamed a stretch of Jefferson Highway ‘Honorary Frankie Knuckles Way’. The strip is on the block near Adams where seminal club the Warehouse was located in the early 80s, when nightclubs thrived in the States with little interference from puritanical authorities.

“There used to be a time when people went out just for music,” Chicago legend Farley Jackmaster Funk told Skrufff in an interview several years ago.

“For example, my club (The Playground) and Frankie Knuckles' clubs used to be called Juice bars and in those juice bars people would drink juices, there was no alcohol or drugs. People came purely to dance and have a good time,” he recalled.

2006 Chicago International House Music Festival takes place at Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island Chicago, with proceedings compered by New York drag icon Lady Bunny.

http://www.chicagohousemusicfestival.org

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Aleks said:
wow, thats awesome!

i really need to check out Chi-Town sometime soon.

You do. One of my favourite cities in the States. Pretty clean, and all I ran into were friendly people. Music was great times.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
^yet another praise of Chicago's character...... i can't wait to check it, maybe for this "Move" festival that was mentioned in the article! :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders