• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

In a world where barfy EDM gets made into a Hollywood movie...

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
"All I want to do is do it!"

51KXEFPGXNL.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Go was a pretty cool movie. Liked the way Doug Liman set the tone with a kind of Pulp Fiction like structure and how it worked well for it, without coming off like a Tarantino wannabe.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
the digweed point at the end of groove was one of the most unintentionally funny things I've ever seen in my entire life. i must have rewound that like 15 times.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
this one out June 19, is based on Daft Punk
[YOUTUBE]FXT_HLOKy0Y[/YOUTUBE]

That looks like it actually might be decent.

For this EDM generation, these are their Human Traffic, Go, It's All Gone Pete Tong, Rolling (which I was fortunate enough to feature a track in), Groove, etc. films. It was bound to happen.

diablo

TRIBE Member
[YOUTUBE]UaI310B_SBQ[/YOUTUBE]

this one out June 19, is based on Daft Punk
[YOUTUBE]FXT_HLOKy0Y[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think these two flicks look that far apart, TBH. Anyone looking for a documentary about dance music is going to be disappointed. As far as "serious" dance music movies go, this one was probably the best:

berlin_calling_xlg.jpg

It's All Gone Pete Tong was still the most enjoyable, though.

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
There's an EDM fest happening in Kitchener this year. Saw the ad in the subway????

Ok, well It had me thinking, how many kids are going to die this year. Is that wrong to assume?

Making hollywood movies in this regard only promotes less education.

It's really a scary trend. It should be completely safe and educated like the old days. Someone really needs to rein this in.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Link in above post is dead, but this is the flick I was talking about as probably the best "serious" DJ movie:

berlincalling-dvd-square-420x420.png

JamesM

TRIBE Member
It's sad when fatalities at these EDM festivals are buried in the bottom line.

Get rich, that's all they care about. Shut that shit down, and recycle the next year.

People like Aoki can go suck a giant dick.