• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Improving your typing skills

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Stan

TRIBE Member
The only reason why I type so fast is because my highschool keyboarding teacher was ridiculously hot and smelled like peaches and vanilla ice cream.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Stan said:
The only reason why I type so fast is because my highschool keyboarding teacher was ridiculously hot and smelled like peaches and vanilla ice cream.

haha! that's the only reason that i took typing in school too.

as for improving wpm, i think it just comes with repetition.
you could get one of those typing books with exercises in them, but you're better off just getting a blog or something and practice typing in it everyday

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
Also, how you position your hands and fingers on the keyboard can greatly effect how fast or well you type.

My one suggestion is to get a cut-out of a keyboard and memorize where the keys are placed so that when you do type you can face the computer screen directly instead of looking at the keys. This should help increasing your typing speed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
AEGLE said:
Also, how you position your hands and fingers on the keyboard can greatly effect how fast or well you type.

My one suggestion is to get a cut-out of a keyboard and memorize where the keys are placed so that when you do type you can face the computer screen directly instead of looking at the keys. This should help increasing your typing speed.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM! I already know how to do this.
I am constantly online - typing away lord knows how many times!
I think stir-fry's suggestion with exercises should work out. meh.

162? seriously wtf?

you know Stan. I've decided not to believe you can type that fast.

http://www.typingtest.com/

prove it, bitch.

aargh4.gif

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
ravinjunkie said:
THAT IS THE PROBLEM! I already know how to do this.
I am constantly online - typing away lord knows how many times!
I think stir-fry's suggestion with exercises should work out. meh.

162? seriously wtf?

you know Stan. I've decided not to believe you can type that fast.

http://www.typingtest.com/

prove it, bitch.

aargh4.gif

oh i see. well, something that holds me back a lot is my bad spelling and syntax. O-o

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i type faster when i'm thinking my own thoughts, but I got 72 wpm with 95% accuracy for a net of 60 something

miscreant

TRIBE Member
Isn't there programs that can teach typing as well as be used for practicing? why don't you try one of those out to keep up on the practice?

I am a chicken pecker on the computer keyboard and will always be so sources for typing skills is not my strong point by a long shot.

Shug

TRIBE Member
ravinjunkie beat me a few nights ago by about 4-5 wpm... since then, I've been practising! Yer gwan down, bitch! Rematch!

(ps - quit enlisting the help of others in our bitter competition)

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
23 wpm, 23 errors, 0% accuracy. 1 min, tigers in the wild.

and i spend at least 10 hours a day on a computer.

dude you suck.
go make some friends on friendster.
better yet try to do some productions and you can blame it on your wife on how shitty it is.

my brother has a high wpm and he's blind in both eyes
with one hand.

oh yeah he's also 3 months old