• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Impressed/Not Impressed

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Okay so Hamilton Beach came through for me in the end and we got a free slow cooker - awesome.

I really came in here to talk about President's Choice Frozen Yoghurt.
it is so fucking good that i had to tell someone about it.
I have the chocolate flavour and it's awesome. I'm going to try some of the other flavours. This is not the blue menu one (though that one might be okay too), it's just the regular frozen yoghurt.

looks like this:

get some!

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I love google!

Ingredients
Modified milk ingredients, sugar, glucose, cream, cocoa, natural flavour, mono- and diglycerides, carob bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan, bacterial culture. May contain peanuts and tree nuts. Yogurt base made with 100% canadian milk.

PC Chocolate Frozen Yogurt - PC - Products

*still won't eat frozen yogurt, and don't like ice cream much either. :p

keline

TRIBE Member

Nanoblur.. It's basically a makeup product that you apply after your regular makeup, and it makes your skin look softer and more even.
I'm pretty skeptical of 'age-defying' products, but there was a display in my local drugstore and they invited you to try it on the back of your hand, and it really does instantly make your skin look softer and more even. I bought a tube and I've used it on my face a couple of times, and I have to say I am pretty impressed (maybe even really impressed!)
It's $19 for a 30 ml tube at my local Rexall.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

erika

TRIBE Member
^
good to know: I was curious about that stuff!

I bought some shoes at Locale last week; they didn't have the colour I wanted in my size, so offered to ship them free of charge to my home - that's pretty cool in my books.

keline

TRIBE Member

This thing is AMAZING. It is hands down the best product for acne I have ever tried. Basically it's a blue light that you hold against your face. That's it.

My skin is basically perfect now. I've been using it about 3 weeks but I noticed a difference after the first 2 days.

No side effects whatsoever. No redness, no dry skin, no bleaching your towels.

The only downside is that it's time consuming. You have to hold it on each area of your face for 3 minutes at a time. I find that it takes about an hour to do my whole face. And I find that it works best if you do it every day. Fortunately it's extremely easy to use and you can do it while you watch TV/read/surf the internet.

Maybe another downside is that it costs $195 (at Shoppers Drugmart). But it will last you at least a year so I don't think the price is prohibitive.

Anyway I had to share because I cannot believe how well this thing works! I love it!!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
if you stop using it are your zits gonna come back?
how come it only lasts a year?
do you stick it everywhere, or just on the zits?

Last edited:

keline

TRIBE Member
if you stop using it are your zits gonna come back?
how come it only lasts a year?
do you stick it everywhere, or just on the zits?
I've only had it 3 weeks but yes I think if you stop using it your acne will come back. All it's doing is killing the bacteria on your skin, so if you stop using it then after a while the bacteria will grow again.

I think it will last about a year cause it has 3000 charges and it takes about 10 charges to do your whole face. After it runs out of charges you can buy a replacement head for $75.

I use it all over my face as like a preventive thing.

Also it comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee so I felt safe trying it out, but miracle of miracles it actually works, so I'm keeping it!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Impressed: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

I was finding that my gentle face cleanser was not removing my makeup when I washed my face. A salesperson at Sephora recommended this and I was somewhat suspicious because she said it was super gentle but removed all of her makeup including mascara.

I am glad I grabbed it though because it does exactly that. cleans my skin, removes ALL my makeup and doesn't bug my incredibly sensitive skin. fragrance free too.

http://www.fresh.com/skincare/cleanser/soy-face-cleanser-150ml

erika

TRIBE Member
I love google!

Ingredients
Modified milk ingredients, sugar, glucose, cream, cocoa, natural flavour, mono- and diglycerides, carob bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan, bacterial culture. May contain peanuts and tree nuts. Yogurt base made with 100% canadian milk.

PC Chocolate Frozen Yogurt - PC - Products

*still won't eat frozen yogurt, and don't like ice cream much either. :p
Ooh those mono and di-glycerides, so yummy (not to mention the modified milk ingredients). I'll pass thank you :p

erika

TRIBE Member
Mascara:

The ads generally bug me because they always show people with fake eyelashes.

Rant over. The latest L'Oreal mascara is great: it's called Million Lashes. I see that they now have it here at Shopper's, though not in the waterproof formulation yet. (I got mine in Paris last month).

It's all about the brush: it's rubber, and really really separates your lashes nicely.
Highly recommended.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Let's revive this thread! I have a few recent product experiences that I'd like to share.

1. IMPRESSED: Almay One Coat Triple Effect Mascara

This is an old favourite of mine that I recently revisited. The brush has long bristles on one side and short bristles on the other. This mascara does a fabulous job of lengthening my lashes without clumping (long side) or thickening my lashes, again without clumping (short side). It takes 2 coats for me to get the lashes that I want. Pretty much no flaking all day, unless I decide to rub my eyes a lot. This also removes easily with eye makeup remover. The price is really competitive with the best of L'Oreal's mascaras.

2. IMPRESSED: Seche Vite topcoat

This product has literally revolutionised nail polish for me! I have never, ever tried any 'quick dry' topcoat that delivered on its promises like this has. With this polish I can apply base coat, 2 layers of colour and then one layer of Seche Vite and go about my day within 10 minutes of finishing. I can go to sleep and not wake up with patterns on my nails. Literally, there is nothing like this that I have ever tried! Its also super glossy. I find that my polish can last 3 days or more without chipping. There's a trick to applying this, so read the instructions before you give it a go. This topcoat even managed to smooth out a colour polish that applied kind of lumpy and seemed to clump almost while I was applying it (see below).

3. NOT IMPRESSED: Essie nail polish
    I tried out my first Essie brand nail polish and I was not impressed. Maybe it was the particular colour/collection I tried, because I know formula can vary within a brand. Whatever the case, my particular experience was bad, the polish did not apply smoothly, clumped up and seemed to dry quickly on my nail. It worst with the first coat, less pronounced with the second. I won't be purchasing any other Essie nail polishes without reading reviews first. Apparently the brand is pretty inconsistent across its collections and colours.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
one more...

Forgot another favourite...

4. IMPRESSED: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
I absolutely love this stuff. I received a trial size at Sephora as a reward, and i'm so glad I did. I really don't care whether this product is made with all natural ingredients. I'm also not sure how I feel about the 'treatment' title, as it doesn't really have any miraculous effects that i've noticed. What I think this excels at is at being a good moisturising, tinted lip balm. The tints are the best part! I really like the Petal and Rose colours, they work well for my skin and lip colours. The colours are very sheer, and I find that they really just enhance your natural lip colour. These are not lipsticks. The UV protection isn't broad spectrum, so it falls short there.

This is preatty much my go-to lip balm for everyday wear. Its very subtle!

Here are the colours I like:

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Let's revive this thread! I have a few recent product experiences that I'd like to share.

1. IMPRESSED: Almay One Coat Triple Effect Mascara

1. Thank you! Never would have tried without this reco. The packaging and marketing bores me to tears and I never look to new products. Love this. What a great and unique brush.

sk8

TRIBE Member
What's the difference? I've been using the BB cream from Body Shop as makeup when I need it and I find it awesome. So a step up from awesome would be good...

erika

TRIBE Member
Well BB is pretty much a slightly upgraded tinted moisturizer. This stuff isn't as intense as an actual foundation but adds colour correction (hence the CC) and all around smoothness to the look.

I still am using up my BB cream for the office where I don't really care, but when I'm in my "real life" I use this now :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sk8

TRIBE Member
Ah ok. I don't think it's for me then. I don't really want anything that is closer to foundation.

I use nothing for the office and the BB cream for going out LOL.

erika

TRIBE Member
^
Yes I do when I'm going out (can't be bothered for work). Either the Clarins one, a Benefit one my daughter gave me, or this Estee Lauder miracle thing she also gave me (duty free perks!) that I really liked.

erika

TRIBE Member
And in the not impressed at all category:

Ultra Lighting on Spadina south of Queen: they have some good products, but never ever EVER get back to you on anything, never have anything ready when they say they will, and actually backtrack on commitments.

Yes, I am done with them!

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Diva Cup documentary is out!

Someone had posted about their dream of distributing Diva Cups from a helicopter... well, it's not quite there yet but they're given out 15000+ each year.

And it's thanks to the ladies on this board (likely this very thread) that I found out about it eons ago. :)

www.shedoesthecity.com/diva-cup-documentary

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories