• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Impressed/Not Impressed

ila

TRIBE Member
I had the vanilla bean latte one on a west jet flight recently. Wasn't a fan at all. They should have stopped at vanilla bean.

peko

TRIBE Member
IMPRESSED:
Peek Freans LifeStyle Selections

• Blueberry Brown Sugar with Flax - for 3 cookies: 130 calories, 6 g of fat
  • Berry Green Tea - for 3 cookies: 140 calories, 6 g of fat

I love how they taste. There are other varieties as well:
  • Lemon Crisp
  • Fruit Creme
  • Cranberry Citrus Oat Crunch
  • Bran Crunch
  • Shortcake
  • Vanilla Bean Latte

I want to try the vanilla bean latte one next
Cranberry Citrus Oat Crunch = the BEST!!!

other love of mine right now....... ginger ale.

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Post-Breakfast Glow

I have long been a fan of the Kashi cereal brands (Go Lean Crunch specifically) so I was thrilled to see another kind hit the market.

Toasted Berry Crunch: super crunchy, but not granola-fatty, berries, and maintains the crunch in milk. Doubly impressed by the 8gm of fibre, 9gm of protein. Slightly less impressed by the 7gm of sugar (although this is half that of Go Lean Crunch).

(American website shot but available here :))

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Sage's boss just convinced him to buy one of these. It's a shower curtain with mesh pockets (for those of us who have lots of accessories in the shower). I can see us using this for bath toys, mainly, but it a brilliant idea.

I'll share my take on it once we have it in and have used it a few weeks.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
What is it made out of? Is it easy to wash?

I had something similar and when I was storing the shampoos and stuff, it became easily "gunk-y" and the material was impossible to wash.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Another happy convert to the Diva Cup here!

I'm still getting the hang of getting it out - but getting it in and in correctly has been a breeze for me. No leaks!

I am definitely impressed.
I used it for a year, on and off. While it was easy to use, I found it very messy, since I had to use public washrooms where there wasn't much privacy and I couldn't really "wash" it.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Sage's boss just convinced him to buy one of these. It's a shower curtain with mesh pockets (for those of us who have lots of accessories in the shower). I can see us using this for bath toys, mainly, but it a brilliant idea.

Where? How much?

I need 2!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
online.... I think $19. His boss was buying some and tacked one on for him... not sure of the website.

*paging wiseman*

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Oh and my boss is buying a new one to replace the one she has had for 4 years. She loves it and said it doesn't really get dirty because the bags are mesh and dry out quickly.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
IMPRESSED!!! Black & Decker Customer Service

So 5 years ago we had a B&D Toaster Oven (maybe a year old) that malfunctioned in that the glass door shattered while something was cooking inside. We did a Google search and found others had had the same crazy dangerous thing happen (there never was a recall). So we called customer service and they told us to cut off the plug and mail it to them and they'd send us a new toaster oven - so we mailed the plug to them, along with the other stories we'd printed off the Internet just to reiterate that this was a serious manufacturing problem.

Fast forward to this week - the 'oven' part of the replacement toaster oven stopped working - the toaster part worked fine, but we were no longer able to select a temperature (like 350) and use it like a mini oven. So I called B&D to see if there is something they can do to fix it, or if I'm supposed to take it to a recommended repair centre. The CSR tells me to cut off the plug and mail it to them with a cheque for $6 and they'll ship us a new unit. So we've used this replacement toaster oven for FIVE YEARS (i.e. well past the one-year warranty) yet they're going to send us another FREE toaster oven. It's insane. Will we go through the rest of our lives never having to buy another toaster oven? Crazy!!!

sk8

TRIBE Member

obviously it's not as good as say a fancy loose tea done properly - but this stuff is damn good for bag tea! damn good *takes sip*

hard to find though - we (coworker and i) searched high and low after having it at an event. she finally found it at a metro.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member

Thanks to sk8 for the bumping of this thread, reminding me about my need to review.

This curtain is kick ass. Metal grommets in the holes to prevent tearing. The mesh bags are reinforced so they won't tear. The curtain itself is a thick and heavy plastic. The true test will be how long it lasts, but I'm guessing that it'll be well worth our money.

sk8

TRIBE Member
hmmmm...i wish i could have got one but i don't really online shop.... haven't seen one in stores yet.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Impressed:

Hendri Bendel - Firewood Candle $30

Not Impressed:
Bath & Body Works - Everytime I fall in love with a product, they discontinue it! Lesson Learned: Stop supporting this company. I fell in love with the Bendel Candle and it is worth every penny for a simple luxury item. They discontinued the buttercup and bluebell scented oil. Now every product in there reeks. hmmph.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
IMPRESSED!!! Black & Decker Customer Service
further to this - we received our new toaster oven. B&D makes a number of different models, priced from $40 - $150. Instead of sending us the lesser model, they sent us one that's worth $100 (one with convection!). Seriously impressed - I cooked a small roast with the convection fan on in 30 minutes!!!

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
further to this - we received our new toaster oven. B&D makes a number of different models, priced from $40 - $150. Instead of sending us the lesser model, they sent us one that's worth $100 (one with convection!). Seriously impressed - I cooked a small roast with the convection fan on in 30 minutes!!!
totally dude!

I posted about mine a while back and I`m still loving it!

Black & Decker CTO6301 Toaster Oven with Convection Cooking

Santa got me this for x-mas and I couldn't be happier. I've used almost every day in place of the stove for everything from roasting a whole chicken, lasagna, sausage and peppers and home made pizza. I'll never use the stove again!

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
impressed: ordering from Roots website

I ordered a purse on sunday night on the roots website because the color i wanted wasn't availalbe in the stores near me. i got a call at 11am on wednesday from purolator that the package was already ready to pick up at the purolator near my house. shipping was free too!

r6bikerchick

TRIBE Member
Impressed:

Adidas Canada (online store) shipped my track pants to my BFN town, pronto.

Not Impressed:
Local Athlete's World only has ONE location in the city and would not order in my size of aforementioned trackpants (and we're talking M here, not something ridiculous like XXXS or XXXL that they wouldn't be able to sell in case I disappeared).

Impressed:

Local Athlete's World (of poor trackpants service) totally let me exchange my half-size-too-small sneakers (it took a few days of "real-life wearing" to figure this out) for the right size, WITHOUT a receipt!

awwnaw

TRIBE Member

Great product for fine hair. I've tried every last mousse, thickening lotion, spray...you name it...from salon to drugstore. Some have been useless, some have done the job but were sticky or wiry and heavy ---this stuff...pumps up my hair but leaves it actually silky. I can run my fingers through it easily and it is just voluminous not thick and hard or dried out.

Never tried any other product from the line as I only use mousse and a shine serum. Anyone try any thing else from this line?