• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Impressed/Not Impressed

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
ooooh yeah - that madder root stuff rocks.
As does their purple shaded shampoos/conditioners for white hair (when my hair has been platinum blond, or even, at times, white-silver, it's a great shampoo to keep the brightness and prevent the yellow tones).

Might have to grab some of the madder root, or maybe the clove one... I also wouldn't mind playing up the brown a bit more - it turns out that my natural colour is far more strawberry blond than I'd like to admit.

(And Jesux - we stopped dyeing at the same time - just over 2 yrs dye-free for me now, after almost 18 straight years!!)

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
another vote for the Madder Root - it gives my strawberry locks a nice kick of copper (one of the better products I've used for redheads)

also loving the l'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara + Burt's Bees Pomegranate that ila recommended a while back. I use these two products daily now.

i've also been using Bio Oil at night for the past month - the idea of putting oil on my face (I have normal to oily skin) was a bit strange at first, but i have to say this stuff is pretty much a miracle in a bottle...it's main ingredient is some sort of recreation of the preen gland oil of ducks. if you can get past the idea of putting oil on your face, i guarantee you will wake up with the softest skin imaginable.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
interesting, i thought bio oil was just for stretch marks, etc. i have pretty dry skin, i think i will try it out.
Says it's for "dehydrated skin" right on the bottle. I have combination skin too...in the winter I get dry patches so I use various oils...only time I put oil on my face but it's the only thing that works besides Vaseline.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sk8

TRIBE Member
LOL

It's not like I'm scouring the city for it, but everytime I pop into an SDM I think 'Oh, I should pick up that pomegranate shit that ila's bigging up.'

And without fail, every single gaddamned time, there's the sign showing where it should be with zero stock.
LOL - Steve went to like 6 shoppers to find that for my stocking. He found it downtown though - I'll ask him where.

It is awesome!

Bean

TRIBE Member
LOL

It's not like I'm scouring the city for it, but everytime I pop into an SDM I think 'Oh, I should pick up that pomegranate shit that ila's bigging up.'

And without fail, every single gaddamned time, there's the sign showing where it should be with zero stock.
next time you're in kensington ;) check out essence of life. they had a whole bunch of them (not in the burt's bees display area, but by the cashier in the vitamin area) when i was there on saturday.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
ha ha pomegranite burts bees EVERYWHERE in the pharma plus in my town. I chuckled to myself and thought of DIWC as I saw it in like EVERY aisle.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
So the Diva Cup is so-so. Maybe I was wrong in expecting absolutely no leakage whatsoever, but it seems that I still need to wear a panty-liner. Do others experience this?

Also, this thing is larger than I expected. The instructions direct you to insert halfway and then turn the thing a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn...that's not easy to do!

Am I alone here?

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
so, my lips have been SUPER whack since the flight home from Cuba. they don't appear to be dry but they are really ITCHY (weird, I know!). ANYWAY, I picked up my very own pom lip shit today. It better work on fixing my lips or I will never again believe anything that any of you say.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
So the Diva Cup is so-so. Maybe I was wrong in expecting absolutely no leakage whatsoever, but it seems that I still need to wear a panty-liner. Do others experience this?

Also, this thing is larger than I expected. The instructions direct you to insert halfway and then turn the thing a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn...that's not easy to do!

Am I alone here?
i find it hard to turn as well, but i havent experienced any leaking issues (i am just starting the 2nd cycle using it). my coworker tried it a few weeks ago because i loved it so much but it did leak for her. everyone i know who uses it said it took them a few cycles to get the hang of it!

sarafina

TRIBE Member
i am super annoyed with my diva cup lately. i've had it for almost 8 years...so i don't know if there is a certain length of time before it doesn't work so well anymore (although that really doesn't make sense to me). i've pretty always had some tiny amount of leakage with it...but for the past several months i barely ever use it b/c every time i do it either a) overflows in a couple of hours on my first day, or b) just leaks like crazy everywhere! Yesterday morning I put it in and then for work, totally felt it leaking the whole time on the subway, pretty much ran from the subway to shoppers b/c i was leaking all over new jeans. yay! :rolleyes:

i guess maybe i am inserting it wrong? I do the twist but it always seems to *unseal* when i grasp it to turn it. i watched that video rubytuesday posted and tried putting it in more on an angle than straight it. Nothing seems to work! I hate it b/c I have been having to buy tampons again, and I really like the idea of the diva cup. I need to keep experimenting I guess, maybe go to the site and read up on it more. Maybe I need the bigger size? But that's weird, b/c I'm a small girl, turning 30 this year, haven't had kids...But is it related more to the size of your cervix? Cause I had an operation that may have changed that, now that I think of it. I just feel like the bigger one would be uncomfortable once in? help me ladies!

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Sarafina if the cup is leaking like that it probably means that your cervix isn't covered by the cup.

Here's another video.

Maybe try the larger size, or check out other cup brands, they vary in diameter and depth.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
OK, so this is about to get personal but its in the name of understanding shit so I'm going to go ahead.

Everytime I see a new doc for the annual lady's exam they take great joy in telling me that I have a tilted uterus, which also affects the position of the cervix. Its like I'm some anomaly (which I'm not, its actually quite common) and they think I've never been told before. I will end that rant here.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

Anyways, I'm wondering if this perhaps causes some challenges in getting the Diva Cup in to the right position? Surely they must've tested this contraption on tipped and non-tipped women alike.

Bigger one definitely wouldn't help me. I'm very petite.

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
ok i have figured out turning the diva cup - i was inserting it too far and then trying to turn it. you just put it in a bit and twist & then put it in the rest of the way. i haven't had any leaking at all, i am definitely glad i tried this thing out!

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Anyways, I'm wondering if this perhaps causes some challenges in getting the Diva Cup in to the right position? Surely they must've tested this contraption on tipped and non-tipped women alike.

Bigger one definitely wouldn't help me. I'm very petite.
I'm sure if you search the cup boards there will be someone who has already asked, or if you ask the community seems very lively and helpful.

My understanding of the size 2 cup is that it's mostly just got a wider top, it's not that much bigger overall, it's more about making sure the cervix is covered, not that their vaginas are wider or anything. I could be wrong though but that's what I remember.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Thanks rubytuesday - I did end up searching the message board and found other women who have tipped/tilted uteri (lol!) who didn't have the problems I'm having. So, its back to the old drawing board for the next cycle. Eventually I'll get the hang of this

so, my lips have been SUPER whack since the flight home from Cuba. they don't appear to be dry but they are really ITCHY (weird, I know!). ANYWAY, I picked up my very own pom lip shit today. It better work on fixing my lips or I will never again believe anything that any of you say.
I have located it as well and am currently giving it rigorous testing.

dun dun DUN

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
ok i have figured out turning the diva cup - i was inserting it too far and then trying to turn it. you just put it in a bit and twist & then put it in the rest of the way. i haven't had any leaking at all, i am definitely glad i tried this thing out!
Hey this is a good point.

I always have trouble turning it.. usually i just stick my fingers up there to make sure its popped open.

Ill definitely be trying this method!

As for leakage.. I just passed my 2nd cycle with the cup and I haven't had any issues with leakage. It's great!

caffiend

TRIBE Member
Thanks rubytuesday - I did end up searching the message board and found other women who have tipped/tilted uteri (lol!) who didn't have the problems I'm having. So, its back to the old drawing board for the next cycle. Eventually I'll get the hang of this
Having an anteverted or retroverted uterus shouldn't make any difference to how the cup fits--as you figured out. Probably your doc keeps telling you this info because a retroverted position makes it a bit more challenging to find the cervix during a pap, and they hope that if you tell them you'll remind them the next time they are struggling!

I also use the Diva, and LOVE it. Soooo much better than anything else. I had a bit of leaking as well at the beginning, but found that a combo of doing the twist and just feeling to ensure that it has unfolded does the trick.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
Another happy convert to the Diva Cup here!

I'm still getting the hang of getting it out - but getting it in and in correctly has been a breeze for me. No leaks!

I am definitely impressed.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
NOT IMPRESSED

PC Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
The package is white and red, has a no peanuts symbol on it, and they are the cheapest PC plain old choco chips ones. (I cant find a pic)
They are hard as a rock, i even checked the sell by date cause they were so hard i thought they had maybe expired. Do not buy these for your children, they will chip a tooth. They are so hard I may even write PC to complain in the hopes of getting a free box of something else.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Impressed: Benefit Blush in Sugar Bomb

I bought this at shoppers because it was a points day and I hadn't updated my blushes/bronzers in a long time. This is a perfect blush/highlighter/bronzer in one, it's not so bronzey that it would look weird day to day but it should work well as a bronzer in the summer too. The colour is really nice on my (pale but warm) skin, brightens me up without looking overdone.

The brush it comes with is kind of useless and will give you stripe face, you need a big round brush to swirl the colour together properly.

It's $36 at SDM, which is a lot compared to my regular $13 l'oreal true match blush but it wears a lot better and should last a while.

jus me

TRIBE Member
After mulling it over, I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered the Clairsonic thru the Shopping Channel. I've grown tired of manual exfoliation and dry/oily patches with pimples popping up here and there.

The first charge takes approx 20 hours and I used it for the first time tonight. There's a 30 day money-back guarantee, so we'll see how it goes for the next week...

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
IMPRESSED:
Peek Freans LifeStyle Selections

• Blueberry Brown Sugar with Flax - for 3 cookies: 130 calories, 6 g of fat
  • Berry Green Tea - for 3 cookies: 140 calories, 6 g of fat

I love how they taste. There are other varieties as well:
  • Lemon Crisp
  • Fruit Creme
  • Cranberry Citrus Oat Crunch
  • Bran Crunch
  • Shortcake