• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Important Yahoo! Mail Service Announcement

Fir3start3r

TRIBE Member
I just got this today... :(

Hello,

Important service announcement regarding your POP3 or Mail Forwarding service. Please read on.

Effective April 24, 2002, Yahoo! Mail will no longer provide free POP3 Access or Auto Mail Forwarding to Yahoo! Delivers subscribers.

If you would like to continue using Mail Forwarding or POP3 Access, please subscribe to our improved package that allows you to:

Use Outlook, Eudora, or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail.
Automatically forward your Yahoo! Mail to another email account -- even another Yahoo! address!
Send larger attachments, now up to 5MB instead of the free 1.5MB limit.
Send email without the Yahoo! promotional text at the bottom.*

Subscribe before April 24th and get the first year of service for just $19.99. That's 33% off the regular service fee of $29.99.

Remember, if you do not subscribe by April 24, 2002, you will no longer be able to access your Yahoo! Mail messages by POP or at another email address.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Mail Team

For further information, please read our frequently asked questions. Please note that your Yahoo! Delivers settings will not be affected.

*Applies only to email sent through the Yahoo! SMTP servers
That really stinks...but it's understood.
*sigh*
Another death stick into the anonimity of the web....

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
It's not like they're shutting down your account. I don't use Yahoo mail but I'm kind of surprised that they allowed POP access and mail forwarding up until now. It's open to a lot of abuse as long as they have it setup like that.

You can still have an annonymous account that you don't have to pay for.

Pete

G

Yahoo Mail related question:

Is there any way to export mail from my yahoo account, without actually forwarding each message individually?

I have 2 Yahoo accounts, and they're both almost maxed out, so I want to import them to my PC.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Tearer: if you set up a pop3 access from home or work you should be able to retrieve all the messages and then just save them locally. you'll have to look into how to set that up yourself, i've never done that thru yahoo! but it should be fairly straight forward.

i've had an account with nameplanet.com and it gave me forwarding privilages from a <firstname>@<lastname>.net addy. it was great 'cuz i could just give out that addy to people and it was really easy to remember. then they cancelled the free forwarding dilly. suxors for me.

--craig

Fir3start3r

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Yahoo Mail related question:

Is there any way to export mail from my yahoo account, without actually forwarding each message individually?

I have 2 Yahoo accounts, and they're both almost maxed out, so I want to import them to my PC.
Yea it's pretty easy Tearer...
If you use Micro$oft Outlook you can set up a new mail account and set the servers to:

POP: pop.mail.yahoo.com
SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

That should download everything for you (and allow you to send until their cut off date).

SuXors for me too cause I like to keep it all locally as well. :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Thanks for your help Craig and firestarter....

I set up my outlook to retrieve mail from yahoo, but I think that it will only pull in new messages sent to me.

I was hoping there was a way I could download all my saved messages that are in my Yahoo account. They need an export function.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Yahoo is also fucking with Briefcase/Photo's sections as well not to mention closeing thier clubs area.. I wonder if there going under?

acheron

TRIBE Member
All of this is due to the collapse of the internet advertising market. Portals depend on it to survive, and Yahoo! is one of the most dependent.

No such thing as a free lunch.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
G

Joey, that will come in handy when I send you voodoo curses back.